Part 1 : "hey barbie"

I look in the mirror and readjust my skirt. For school I chose a white pencil skirt that goes to just above my knees, a baggy black jumper that is cropped just below the belly button and some plain black vans. My hair is in loose French braids and me being me, no make up. Make up is too much effort in my opinion.

I look a lot like my dad, dark blue eyes and light brown hair. Except my hair goes down to my waist. My brother has hazel eyes, the same as my mum. But he has light brown hair like my dad and I. My mum has black hair and hazel eyes. She is very beautiful but I don't look anything like her.

I run downstairs and grab an apple and my back pack.

"Liam, Liam" I shout my brother from the bottom of the stairs. "Liam we really have to go"

"I'm coming" he says running down the large staircase. I wouldn't say my parents are rich but they definitely have money.

"Bye mum, bye dad" I say hugging them.

"Liam do you have lunch money?" My mum questions him.

"Yes" he whines hugging them both.

We both hop in my car and I drive us to school. Luckily for us we live 10 minutes away by car and 40 minutes by foot, and because Liam is always late, my parents had to let me drive to school.

Also meaning they had to but me a car. I didn't want anything flashy, I never ask my parents for stuff, unlike Liam, so i only wanted a cheap car. They ended up getting me a matte black Audi A3 cabriolet convertible. Of course I love it but I still feel like it's over necessary.

"Ohh I forgot to eat breakfast" Liam huffed. He may only be 15 but he can eat like a horse.

"Here" I said tossing him my apple "have my apple"

"Thanks Sis" he said munching on the apple.

Once we pull up in the schools parkings lot Liam jumps out of my car and sprints to his friends.

"Bye then" I say sarcastically. I grab my bag and lock the car.

As always Austin and Holly - my best friends since I don't know how long - are waiting for me by the school fountain.

It's the middle of October and I am a Junior in grade 11 at Burntree high school. Luckily only two more years of school and I'm out. Obviously I couldn't of done any of it without my flesh and blood - Austin and Holly.

"What's up putas" I say as I approach my two best friends.

"Hey girlfriend" Holly says giving me a side hug.

She is literally my saint when it comes to any help with anything. She was blessed with the gift of advice. Although she has her helpful side she also has a crazy side. And I love her to death.

On the other hand. Austin.

"Hey barbie" he shouts pulling me into a bear hug.

Now he has a thing with nicknames that I will never understand. He calls Holly guru because she's good with advice, doesn't really make sense in my opinion, I mean out of everything he could of picked. He calls me barbie because I am a very curvy person. I hate the nicknames as I hate it when he calls me 'curvy', but he refuses to be normal. And it's not just us he has nicknames for. But again, I love him to death.

"Hey Austin, I wish you'd stop calling me that" i scowl. I hated being called barbie. Barbie means fake. And I am far from that.

He replies with sticking his tongue out at me. Finally letting me go we walk to our home room.

"Oh have you heard the gossip" Holly says turning to me with an impatient look on her face.

"No...?" I asked. Not even needing to ask what it was.

"Apparently Christian and Joe got into a fight. They are both really bashed up. Someone said it was about a girl but I don't know the full details" she said in one breath. Christian and Joe were part of the bad boy's. Along with Lucas and Max

"Really, but they're all really close, why would they fight" I asked genuinely confused.

"I don't know" she said lost in thought.

"Can you two stop giving a shit about gossip, it's all lies and it's doing my bloody head in" Austin said pressing his finger to his temples.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School passed by quickly and it was finally the end of the day. I waited by my car for Liam as I do everyday.

"Hey Aria" Liam said strolling towards me with a guy towing behind him.

"Hey...who's this" I asked directing my question towards the guy standing next to Liam.

"Hey Im Toby" he said waving slightly.

"Oh hey" I said smiling at him.

"Umm, his brother was supposed to give him a lift but bailed on him, could you drop him off home please" Liam asked.

"Of course"

We dropped him off at his house and it was gorgeous, it was slightly smaller than mine but twice as beautiful. It had vines and flowers climbing up the side of the old but stunning house. It had a fountain to the left of it and a well to the right.

"Woah! Your house is beautiful" I said in awe.

"Heh thanks, my mum's crazy about it. She said she will never move." He laughed "thanks for the lift"

"No worries" I said waving him off. I pulled away from the house and drove home.

"He was nice" I said pulling up in front of our house. Our house is modern and big, It's also very clean and spacious. My mum and dad are very proud of their work and the house.

"Yep, He is." Liam agreed "I don't hang around with idiots" he added.

"Does that include yourself" I joked locking the car.

"Haha. Very funny"

"Hey, how was school" mum kissed both our foreheads as we entered the front door.

"It was fine" we said at the same time.

"Good. Your dad and I want to talk to you two in a bit when he gets home from work. It's nothing serious, we just want to talk and catch up. Also we have some news" Mum said nervously.

"Ok...." I trailed off. Liam huffed besides me.

********************************************

Hope you liked it. The next couple of chapters should be more interesting.

-A