Chapter 2

"You came" Zayn said looking at me, still with the mask on.

He was sitting on the same spot where he stood yesterday "I didn't think you'd really come back"

"You..." I grinned running excitedly towards him to give him a hug, "you waited for me!"

"Ugh!" I groaned because for the third time he hit me in the forehead with the same stick he had yesterday.

"You just don't learn, do you?"

I chuckled even though my forehead was still painful, "I was so happy, I just...Sorry."

He jumped from his spot standing up, "It's a bit hot here. Shall we go somewhere cooler?"

"What?"

"Don't worry. I'll see you out here again." He said walking off.

I nodded and followed him happily.

We walked side by side, not touching him of course. I gave him a popsicle; mint flavor and we ate together and of course my popsicle was strawberry flavored. I followed him everywhere in the forest, he seemed to know his way, well of course he knew -he lives here.

As we walked, I sensed something watching us carefully. From the corner of my eye, I can see moving shadows. If I wasn't with Zayn, I would have creeped out already. Then suddenly a big black wolf appeared out of nowhere. It growled and I immediately hid myself behind Zayn. Though, it didn't attack us but I was pretty sure that if Zayn weren't here, it would have eaten me already.

"Zayn" it whispered.

My eyes widened when it talked. I felt the hairs at the back of my neck stood up. "Is that a human child? Can I eat it?"

Zayn shielded me from it, "No, he's my friend."

"Is that so?"

The wolf then looked at me, "Human child, please don't touch Zayn's skin. If you do, I'll eat you!" it threatened then it slowly backed away running into the dark.

"W-was that a w-wolf?" I stuttered looking to the direction where the creature had run off. "It talked!"

Zayn nodded looking at me, "He's one of the guardians here in the forest. He's a werewolf. He transforms from time to time so he can get in touch with the people from the village.

"Don't worry, he may seem scary but he's a good one."

I bit my lip and exclaimed with my hands up in the air, "Amazing!!!This is the first time I've seen a real werewolf! So, these creatures really do exist! Amazing! Incredible! Fantastic!"

Zayn sighed.

I laughed. "Zayn, do you have a hideous face or something? Why do you wear a mask?" I asked following him.

"No particular reason."

I pouted.

"Never mind me. Tell me about yourself." Zayn said.

I smiled. "Are you curious?"

"That's why I waited for you."

I grinned and run past him turning around happily.

.......

PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS IN THE COMMENTS.