Chapter 1: The Beginning

As Imani stirs in her sleep having yet another horrifying nightmare, her brothers Maylon,Shad and Jodie creep into her room with shaving creme,a camera and a cupcake with a candle lit."Happy Birthday Imani" they scream while spraying shaving creme on her rosy red cheeks.She jumps out her bed obviously shook but relieved after realizing it's just her annoying older brothers.

"You know, one day I'm going to die of a heart attack and y'all will be the reasons why." she says harshly."Ouch, what a nice way to talk to us after we made YOU a cupcake 6 O'clock in the morning."Maylon says. After Imani sees the cupcake, her face softens as she lightly chuckles at how cute and girly the cupcake looks.She walks over to them and kisses them each on the cheek and taking the cupcake from Jodie."I'm sorry, thank you guys.It's just not everyday you would want to be woken up by your brothers screaming Happy Birthday on your birthday." she says with sarcasm heavy on her voice but still is kind of sorry."Well be grateful brat." Shad says as they walk out her room. As Imani steps into her Baby Blue bathroom that smells of cherry blossom thanks to her Glad Candle she looks in the mirror to be met by her tangled hair and shaving creme. Immediately realizing it was her brothers, she yells, "I'm going to kill all of y'all.Ughhh."

"Girl stop all that damn yelling in my house." her mother Barbara Anderson says standing in her bathroom door way. Imani jumps holding on to her now fast beating heart and says "I'm sorry Mama." with a faint smile."You lucky it's your birthday, that's the only reason I'm not going to pop upside your head.But Happy Birthday my beautiful baby, your growing up so well." she says welcoming her daughter into a tight hug."Thanks Mama."Imani says with a cheery smile."Okay , Let me go check on your breakfast and your birthday outfit is in your closet."she said walking away.

After Imani takes care of her of her Hygiene, she walks into her room with a towel wrapped around her now clean body smelling of Victoria Secrets "Summer in Paris" shower gel.

She walks to her closet to be surprised by a Pink and Aqua True Religion Shirt customized with " Birthday Princess Imani " written across the front of it with a pair of leather tights with zippers on the knees.As she looks further into her closet to see what she's going to wear on her feet, she sees a Kd box with a note attached

Michael,

Happy Birthday Baby. Open the box and then finish reading afterwards.

She opens the box to be met with the sneakers she always wanted, the What the Kd's which can definitely go with her outfit. She smiles widely more like a grin and continues reading the note.

Knowing you, your probably cheesing hard as hell and screaming inside but I think you should start getting ready right about now because I'm gonna pick you up at 7:45.

- Love The Best, Michael

After looking at the clock seeing she only has a hour and a half to get ready. Imani drys her hair,straightens it and then put body waves. She does her makeup very neutral and light adding a nice pink to bring out her lips.She gets dress grabs her phone off the charger and runs downstairs for breakfast.Walking into the kitchen she sees her food packed in a container and her brothers and mom eating already."Well thanks so much for waiting for me to eat you guys" she says full of sarcasm."Well isn't Michael coming to pick you up soon?"Jodie asks.She kisses her teeth knowing he has a point and says,"Shut Up and eat your breakfast."she mumbles.He smirks knowing he's right."Anyways.Thank you for everything Mama."she says and going to hug her mom."You welcome sweetie."Mrs.Anderson replies."You look dope."Maylon says genuinely smiling and their brothers Jodie and Shad nodding in agreement."Thanks guys." she replies

As if on cue, a car's horn is being blown letting her know Michael is here."See you later guys."she says while grabbing her phone and food and walking to the door. "Bye." they all replied.As she's checking the mirror one last time, Imani hears footsteps letting her know someone is in her presence.Before she looks up at the person's face, she sees a Macy's bag in their hand as if they were giving it to her.She looks up at he person to see its Shad."Here."he says smirking.She says thank you,takes the bag and walks out the house into Michael's 2014 Mercedes-Benz.

"You look gorgeous."he says to her taking her all in.Imani softly giggles and says, "Thanks Mickey."while poking her lips out wanting a kiss.Michael pecks her lips and pulls off.

She looks out the window smiling.She can feel this is going to be a great day...

Comment,Vote and Follow Me

Update coming sooon !