Chapter 2

l Imani l

As we pulled up to Benjamin Banneker High School, I decided to open the Macy's bag Maylon gave me. I'm expecting it to be another Juicy Couture perfume cause that's what he gets me every year, but when I opened the bag, I had the most cheesiest smile on my face."Oh my goshhhh." I squealed.

"What is it.?"Michael asked concerned."Maylon got me a matching Mcm bag and belt."I said."Damn, your brothers got money."He said surprised."Shut Up."I playfully hit his chest.

We got out the car hand in hand walking into the building.

"I'm going to go sit with Nadi and Them okay,thanks for the kicks Mickey."I said giving him a kiss on the cheek."You welcome Ma,you still got more gifts to open later on."he said smiling and walking to his locker.

As I was walking to the cafeteria,I was getting the look from girls,I was being hollered at by guys and even got some happy birthdays and I love your outfits.Once I got into the cafeteria,I saw the crew at our table as expected."If it isn't the birthday girl,you look beautiful Ma."Nadi said."Facts,I know you with Michael and all but check out Daniel staring at you like a piece of meat."Jaheim said smirking.So like everyone else I had a squad,Jaheim,Nadi,Alexis,Tiffany,Manny and Hunter."Jaheim,I'm really not interested in this topic so I'm going to go to the vending machine and go to class, bye y'all , Nadi,Lexis and Tiff, let's go.

**************************************************************

As the day went on, Imani is more and more excited about Softball tryouts than her own birthday.As seventh period ends,she scurries to her locker to get her appropriate attire for tryouts.Quickly entering the lockeroom and changing into her clothes,Imani spots Carson Montgomery.The meanest girl in the school along with her best friend Reginae."Ohh,Happy Birthday Emini." she says with a fake smile plastered on her face.It's Imani you dipshit."It's Imani and thanks."I put on the same smile.As I go into the gymnasium, I hear the dufflement twins snickering, I swear their so damn fake.

Tryouts end at 4 p.m leaving Imani to enjoy the rest of her birthday weekend.Walking outside she feels the breeze of the fall.God I can't wait until summer, she thinks."Imani."

She looks up to be met with the hazel eyed heartbreaker himself."What do you want Daniel.?"she says quite annoyed at even the presence of him.He's nothing but a player,using his light caramel skin tone,plump pink lips,killer hazel eyes and a sneaker game to die for, to just rail in his next victim."Damn, why you hostile.I can't talk to a beautiful girl as yourself.?" he says smirking.Wipe that damn smirk off your face."Actually,you can't,I'm late for my date."I said with a smirk and brushed past him.I hear him lightly chuckles."I'll see you Anderson."I hear a smile in his voice but walk into a Mercedes-Benz."Hey Main." he said pecking my cheeks.I smile hard and he pulls off

Birthday Littt