Chapter 3

Coming out of the hospital building Abhijeet was walking on the busy road... Did i say coming out? No he actually didn't come out of the hospital... Only his body did! His brain still thinking about Freedy's words, his heart still wanting to see Daya once again... His soul was in the hospital with his loved ones... But yes! If this world considers only physical presence as presence he was out of the hospital long ago.
              Just then the clouds started to thunder... Breeze turned into wind and trees surrendered to its power and started swaying with it... Suddenly the sun was hidden under the dark clouds and it seemed as if the clouds were tired of holding the water in them and so they could pour it down anytime... Soon it started drizzling and in no time it was pouring down heavily... People started running here and there for shade... The first rain of the season! The famous Mumbai rains! But Abhijeet was least affected by these happenings... He was still walking on the road as if nothing changed... Why would these things affect him? Thunders in the sky were so minimal with respect to the thunders in his life!
               A football came and hit his leg from nowhere... Looking around he found two young boys looking at him with a sorry expression... Smiling he returned them the ball and they continued their game after saying "thank u"... Looking at them for a while, his mind took him back to the memory lane... A beautiful memory dated last year...

                             *Flashback*
            (It was Sunday evening and it was supposed​ to be a holiday... But the job of CID! It never gave them a break. But who cares they still loved their job.)
           Abhijeet and Daya were sitting in the drawing room of Abhijeet's house... Abhijeet was busy with some files and Daya was working on his laptop... Two coffee mugs were kept on the table but who had time to attend them! Both the super cops were super busy... It was then, that the windows of Abhijeet's house shuddered... Clouds thundered and rain drops met with the ground... It seemed as if clouds had heard the request of mother earth to give her relief from the heat of summer... Rain drops fell and the mesmerizing smell of wet soil spread in the surroundings. Abhijeet rushed to close the windows so that the water didn't come in the house. As he went near the window he saw the scene outside... The lawn of his own house seemed so beautiful in the rain. Some rain drops fell on his face and it felt heavenly.
             Daya who was back to his work tried calling him for some help but got no reply from the other side... Looking up he discovered that Abhijeet was not in the house! Daya knew where to find his friend and he smiled in dissatisfaction when he found Abhijeet there... There in the lawn, under the open sky... Feeling the drops of rain... Daya very well knew his friend and how much he loved rains! And when its first rain of the season! No one could​ stop him from getting wet

Daya - Abhijeet andar aa jao... Bimar ho jayo ge (shouted Daya although he knew it won't work)

Abhijeet - Daya kuch nahi hoga! Mai toh kahuga tum bhi aa jao!

Daya - Abhijeet season ki pehli barish hai... Kehte hai pani ke saath chemicals bhi hote hai... Health ke liye achi nahi hoti abhijeet

Abhijeet - Wahi toh mai bhi bol raha hu daya season ki pehli barish hai! Isme bhigne se achi koi feeling nahi hoti

Daya - Kuch nahi ho sakta tumhara! (dejected)

Abhijeet - Pata hai toh try kyu karte ho! Aur as it is said 'when u can't change the circumstances, change your self' kudh ko change kar, football utha aur aaja!

Daya - (Football! Now this is something Daya couldn't deny) (talking to himself) Tu itna kabse sochne laga daya! Mausam itna achaa hai, abhijeet bahar kadha hai, (eying the football lying there in a corner) aur football woh pada hai... Utha aur nikal jaa!

            And in less than a minute both the friends were seen playing football in the rain... Shouting, laughing, complaining but most importantly enjoying... Fighting like small children, looking at them no one could say that these two are amongst the best cops in the town, cops whose names made the criminals shiver and ACP Prayduman proud!
                          *Flashback​ ends*

            The honking of the car brought him back to the present and mouthing a 'sorry' he moved out of the way. It was now that he realized that the same rain that felt heavenly that day couldn't even make him smile today.

*Hospital*

            Freedy had just moved out of the ward as ACP sir had forced him to go home and take some rest... Dr. Salunkhe was in the daya's doctor's cabin discussing something. And ACP sir was sitting beside Daya silently... There was pin drop silence in the ward... One couldn't speak and another knew he won't receive any answer! But they were interacting with one another! Interacting silently... So what if their lips were sealed, so what if their vocal cords didn't vibrate and so what if their tongue​didn't move! It was one heart talking to another... Some relations don't need words to interact and this was one such relation. After speaking hundreds of words silently, conveying millions of feelings and expressing billions of emotions, only a sentence came out of ACP sir's mouth...

ACP - Please daya... Ajj tak ek boss order de kar try kar chuka hai tum nahi mane... Lekin please ab ek baap ki request toh maan lo... Please uth jao na!

            This was enough to win a son's heart and more than enough to bring him back to senses... Right then ACP sir felt Daya's index finger moving... Not believing his own eyes ACP sir took a minute to tell himself that he needs to call the doctor. Just then Daya's ring finger moved a bit and finally ACP sir found his voice! Rushing to the doctor's cabin he called him and the doctor after examining him gave them one of the best news of their life that Daya was out of coma and out of danger as well! But was this all cause of ACP sir's request? Or was it also because of Freedy's tears and all his words! Not to forget there was another soul crying and praying for his brother's recovery!

To be continued...

               Hogaya! So finally Daya sir is out of coma... After 2 months! Happy? Am toh super happy! But let me warn you this happiness is not long lasting... Why? Keep guessing... But don't think too much! Something has turned out good and in process of thinking about the future don't forget to celebrate the present.
            Keep reading and don't forget to review.