O N E

Ella

Ella

"Ella, all I'm saying is that Liam was an awful boyfriend and you deserve better. You've been on this couch for too long. You are not canceling that photo shoot today either. You better go get ready," My best friend, Avery exclaimed pulling the blanket off of me.

It recently came to my attention that Liam, my now-ex boyfriend, has been cheating on me for half the time that we were together. We only dated for six months, and after the first three months he decided I shouldn't be the only girl. I broke it off with him but I am the type of person to get attached too quickly. Although that is something I will never admit.

"My photoshoot for Tommy Hilfiger is at 4 pm, that's two hours from now I have time. And give me back my cotton candy ice cream." I glare as she walks away with my blanket and my delicious treat.

"This is staying in the freezer until you get your little butt in the shower and get ready. You smell and you look disgusting. Yet still looking like the model you are but that's not the point. Now go." With an arched eyebrow, hand on her hip, and pointing to the bathroom, she was giving me a look that said I cannot argue.

With a huff, I lazily drag myself down the hall to the bathroom on the right. I lived in a tiny little apartment with a small kitchen, lounge area, bedroom and this small bathroom. Although it is in New York City so really I can't complain.

Wincing at my reflection in the mirror I turn on the shower and slowly strip off my clothes. There's always that feeling before you get into the hot shower where you don't want to but once you're in, you never want to leave so you spend hours in there. Which is exactly what happened.

"Ella! Get out of the shower you have 10 minutes to get ready before you have to leave to get there on time!" My best friend shouts from outside the door.

Avery was always on top of everything, her life was very put together. She's in a committed relationship with her high school sweetheart Jackson who is like a brother to me. Her heart belongs to Jackson but she always had boys lining up. I don't blame them, she looked like a model herself: tall figure, big brown eyes, long brown hair and tan skin.

After frantically rushing around to get ready, I couldn't find my wallet and begin to panic, "Avery! Have you seen my-"

I'm cut off when Avery walks into my room with my wallet in hand and a smirk on her face, "Right where you left it, dinglehead."

I visibly breathe a sigh of relief and give her a grateful smile, "I don't know what I'd do without you. Seriously not just for finding my wallet and stuff. You've been helping me get through this breakup with that idiot and it means a lot."

She lets out a laugh, "I'm practically your sister no need to thank me. Now go to that shoot, meet some hot men and get laid! Go!"

Laughing at my ridiculous friend I head out the door, not forgetting my wallet either.