Prologue

It was a warm overcast day in july.Kat was at the beach with her friends Marina, Brylin, Jack and Tyrene.they were all enjoying their last week before school started in a cottage near the lake. the five of them had become friends in middle school and had just kinda stuck together. Kat, Marina and Brylin had been friends since elementary school they had met jack and tyrene 3 years ago in 7th grade.they all had their quirks to them though, they definetly were anything but normal. they were quite strange in many ways, one being that they were all different from each other though they had done things in common.Kat was a big fan of classic rock and was a tree hugger goodie goodie. Marina was troubled she love writing, scrap music and was kinda punk. Brylin was spiritual with a bit of rock punk, and a positive outlook and old tale to go with everything. Jack was a little bit more main stream but the same weird, he had problems with society,was a nerd and liked all kinds of music. Tyrene was the most country one of the group she was outdoorsy and let every know she was boss, she liked living a little bit dangerously and wasn't afraid to put her self out there romantically.

Things these five have in common are that they have been picked on by society, they've all been reduced to self harm and they all have a knack for just not fitting in and being weird. This group needs each other. They each support each other like family, but who said they had to act like family and not love and protect like more than that.