A Proxy in the Making

Proxy404~

-------------

I don't know why I am here, who brought me here, or even if I am alive. I remember running down the street with no shoes on, not wanting to stop to put them on. I remember the voices yelling at me that it was my fault that they were dead, my fault that it happened again. I remember running from the invisible voices even though I knew that they wouldn't leave me alone. They would never leave me alone.

_____________________________________________________________________

Now I'm here; in a white room, with white sheets, in a white gown. I can't see out my right eye and my head hurts.

I turn as a door I hadn't noticed before opens. In walk a woman and man again in white. When they begin to speak I try to focus on what they are saying to me only catching enough to answer.

"Hi" says the woman, "Listen kid we wanted to ask you your name and", I cut her off from continuing quickly asking "Where am I? Why am I here?"

I see the doctor look away and breathe in before answering, "You're in the hospital. You've been admitted because someone had found you unconscious in the street. You've been unconscious for three days."

"If I was only found unconscious t-then why can't I see out of my eye?" I question quickly. The nurse looks sullen as she answers, "When you arrived you had woken up screaming for something to get out, and to shut up before gouging your eye. We tried to restrain you but the damage that you inflicted on your eye is unable to be helped. You may be able to see figures or color out of it, but you will never be able to see or read from it again."

I look down wondering what could drive me to do such a thing when suddenly there in the back of my head is laughter. I cringe at the sound holding my head as the sound gets louder and louder. Suddenly it stops before I hear, "You will not escape me. I control you. You can't escape. You are mine." And then, it stops the voice and the pain completely gone.

The nurse looks at me worried just before a scream echoes in my head being repeated by me only a second later out loud before I slip into unconsciousness; Dreaming of being pulled under into a sea of darkness, hearing only the laughter of before and my screams for help.

_______________________________________________________________________