The Past They Bared

It had been four hundred years since Meliodas and I met. Currently I'm already 999 years old, almost a thousand!

And when I say that, I mean that my birthday is in two days, and right now I am sitting in our field as I am thinking of what I want this year.

"Hey (Y/N)! Have you thought about what you want for your birthday?" Meli came walking up the small hill with a grin on his face, and my head turned up to face him.

"I haven't thought of one yet..." Since we've been celebrating my birthday almost every year-I've done everything I've ever wanted to do. There was nothing else I could ask for.

We already had a home, a garden(the field in general), food that can last us ten life-times, we even have matching necklaces and bracelets! "It's been two months, how are you not sure?" I growled at him, "It's not like there's anything else I can ask for!"

Meliodas' laugh caught me off guard, "Is this funny to you?" I growled, and he ended up laughing harder. "It's just that, I've given you so many things and now there's nothing else you want?" It was true, though. Everything he's given me is just so much already, honestly the only thing I wanted from him was to never be alone-"That's it!" I had a mischievous smirk on my features, and it caused Meliodas to raise his eyebrows.

"You thought of something you want?" He asked me, and in turn I nodded.

"Uh-huh! I'm not telling you though!" Meliodas shrunk back down to size at my comment, "Then how will I get it you?" He pouted. "I'll tell you sometimes, OK?" I smiled at him, and he suddenly had a red face, but before I could notice he smacked his hands onto his face. "Be quiet!" He said, his vocals were shaking and stuttering.

'What do I want for my birthday..?' I thought, 'For my birthday, I want to be with Meliodas, forever. I want him to stay by my side, and I want to stay by his, so that we'll never be separated.'

I giggled at Meliodas' flushed cheeks as he stomped away, this was so unlike him as well. 'Has he ever looked flustered before? This must be a first.'

When Meliodas made his way back to the house, he instantly made himself comfy on his bed as he placed a pillow onto his face. 'Her smile is so adorable.'

---.-.-.-.-.-.---

One day, there happened to be a forest fire, and our house burned down. I was the most sad, since I cherished this home since the beginning, and Meliodas seemed to think the same. 

We had to move somewhere without getting killed, even though Meliodas was practically invincible, and we had to fend for ourselves by killing animals and stopping in the middle of small paths or forests to stay the night. Of course, if we slept in a cave, I'd probably get paranoid overtime, so we agreed not to stay the night anywhere near the mountains.

I had only hoped we weren't ambushed overnight, because that actually happened a lot. Meliodas can sometimes be a heavy sleeper, he always says it's because he hasn't slept in nine-hundred years, but I just say it's because he always goes hunting and barely relaxes.

Which is why I took him to this Kingdom!

Danafor seemed like a very nice place to stay in, especially when there were all sorts of fruits and hotels to stay in. I had to hide myself from the people though by putting a dark green cloak around my body, it helped hide my maroon wings, ears-it came with a hood-and tail. It happened to be meliodas' old cloak, but it fit me perfectly because of my small, petite size.

On that same day, we also met Elizabeth. She was a Holy Knight, probably the nicest one we've ever actually met. To be honest, I was a bit jealous of her, since she had such a beautiful body and looks in general. She had this dangerous aura around her, yet she was much more a softie than anything.