- 19 | LIVE FAST

◦ ◦ ◦

"Come on, I have to look nice!" Eddie insisted, pulling on his baby blue jacket over a white T-shirt. He had decided that if he spilled something, he spilled something. He would just zip up his jacket. He pulled on a pair of black jeans and tied off his white sneakers, running a comb through his hair a few times and smiling at Bill, who just looked like he thought this was ridiculous. It was, admittedly, very ridiculous, but Eddie wanted to look nice if Ethan did find him.

"O-O-Off we go, then," Bill said, and they both walked out to the car. Bill was driving both ways so Eddie sat on the passenger side, staring out the window. The clouds had been a very very dark grey when they left school that afternoon, and it was about that time of year when snow was going to start falling.

Eddie hated the snow, especially when it was a blizzard, although staying home from school was always a plus. It just wasn't a plus when the person who's party you were at had a huge-ass yard and it started snowing right when you pulled up. Eddie and Bill booked it, but freezing particles of frozen water still dotted Eddie's hair as he got inside, ushered further into the house by Bev who had been waiting for them by the door when she saw them get out.

"It looks like it's sticking," she said nervously, glancing at the yard. "Maybe we should send people home."

"I think a lot of people just decided not to come if they weren't going to stay overnight," Sally Mueller said as she opened the door to an enormous family room where the majority of the party was happening. "Hi, Eddie, Bill. Wanna come play Spin the Bottle?"

"Oh, um, no thanks," Eddie mumbled, but the girl grabbed his wrist, dragging him over to where a large circle of girls he hardly recognized sat, giggling and talking amongst themselves. A few boys were littered into the mix, but there were only about three others, excluding Bill, and Eddie didn't recognize any of them. His hand was shoved onto the bottle, and he took a deep breath, spinning it with a flick of his wrist. Bev sat next to him and watched it go, blue eyes just as bright as ever, and Eddie wasn't sure if he was relieved or even more scared when it landed on her. There was a chorus of 'ooh's and Eddie glanced around nervously. All eyes were on him as he swallowed thickly, turning to face the girl he was beginning to see as a friend.

"I'm sorry," he apologized hurriedly. She rolled her eyes, glancing over his shoulder and smirking.

"Don't be," she said firmly, grabbing his face and pulling him down into a searing kiss. Eddie squeezed his eyes shut and kissed back, admitting to himself that it wasn't the worst thing in the world. She bit down playfully on his lower lip, and he inwardly groaned, but she was persistent, prying his mouth opened and shoving her tongue into his mouth. There were a few cheers, and Eddie felt nauseous, but he tried not to worry too much about it as he just waited for it to be over.

She finally pulled away, loudly announcing what a great kisser he was to the group, but Eddie was hardly listening as a rather large cup of alcohol was shoved into his hands. He chugged it with a few regrets once the burn hit his stomach, but quickly forgot them once it subsided into a warm and homely feeling. Nobody in the group was looking at him anymore, but Eddie could feel a pair of eyes on him. He glanced around, but spotted nobody at first. A few girls were watching him carefully with timed giggles and blushing faces, but there was someone else.

Eddie figured it out when the bottle landed on him and Sally Mueller was making her way across the circle with a bashful smile. He glanced to his left and saw him standing in the corner. Eddie finished his cup of whatever the hell he was drinking and reluctantly beckoned to Sally, who squealed and threw herself into his arms. A soft pair of lips found his, much gentler than Bev's, but still just as persistent. Eddie forced himself to kiss back lazily, but the burning gaze on the side of his head made it difficult to concentrate.

The buzz of alcohol was beginning to overtake Eddie, who had forgotten all about Ethan in favor of catching the attention of the boy watching him from the other side of the room. He wrapped his arms around Sally's waist, pulling her closer until she was practically in his lap. There were a few gasps from their audience as he licked her bottom lip, trying not to gag at the artificial taste of horrible cherry lip gloss.

Then all at once it was over and Eddie was being pulled to his feet, large hands ushering him out of the room and up the stairs to the dark hallway in the second floor landing. Eddie knew who it was without having to see them as he was shoved against the wall in the darkest corner, a gasp escaping his mouth which was surely covered in that horrible lip gloss now. He could smell the alcohol in the other person's breath as they struggled to stay upright, stumbling forwards a little and slumping against Eddie, who chuckled.

"Richie, how drunk are you?" He asked with a slightly teasing tone in his voice. He himself wasn't quite drunk yet, but he was buzzed enough to feel loose, to accept the little kisses Richie was laying in the side of his neck without much regret.

"Drunk enough," Richie grumbled harshly, thumbs pressing hard into the hollows of Eddie's hips. He bit down roughly on the patch of skin just below Eddie's ear, the spot that drove him crazy, and a soft groan fluttered from between Eddie's lips.

"Drunk enough for what?" Eddie asked, deciding to be a tease as he bumped his hips forwards ever-so-slightly, which earned him a soft gasp.

"Drunk enough to notice the way those girls were putting their hands on my treat," Richie whispered into Eddie's ear huskily, tugging on his earlobe with his teeth. "Kissing my lips."

"My lips can't be yours if you've never kissed 'em, Rich," Eddie pointed out, the corner of his mouth lifting into a dirty smirk. As if on cue, a mouth crashed against Eddie's, successfully cutting off his next snarky comment. Richie rolled his hips forward forcefully, and Eddie's sharp gasp was swallowed whole and the taste of alcohol and candy exploded in his mouth. Pleasure flooded through him in waves, pulsing with every buck of his own hips against Richie's.

"Ahh, shit, I'm gonna remember this one," Eddie grumbled regretfully, but the reluctance faded the moment his breath hitched and his eyes rolled back. His mouth fell opened as he scrambled to jump up, curling his legs around Richie's waist and grinding down into him relentlessly. Their breaths mixed, pants and gasps and whines filling the empty hallway, and how someone had not found them yet was beyond Eddie, but he didn't care. All he could focus on was the bliss behind every movement, the explosion of pleasure in every shift.

"Open your eyes," Eddie demanded, and Richie did, staring at Eddie with those impossibly dark and beautiful orbs. Not just stars but full on constellations exploded in Eddie's head, a string of gasps and curse words flooding from his mouth as he lost himself in the abyss that was Richie's eyes. Richie followed almost immediately, which was the first time they had actually finished together. At least, Eddie thought it was. Perhaps it had happened before and he just couldn't remember. He rested his forehead against Richie's, breathing heavily and sweating profusely. There was a window at the end of the hall. All he could see was white. Wind whistled violently and snow poured from the sky.

"That's not good."