p r o s t i t u t i o n

There was a brief moment of silence. Then, Eva finally walked out of the bathroom counting cash in her hands. It only took me a few seconds to realize that she had sex with Steve, for money. My best friend was officially a prostitute. I didn't want to confront her until after we left the building. There was already enough tension. We left and gave the limousine driver directions to the parking lot across the street from The Play House, where we left my car.
She tried laying her head on my lap in attempt to take a nap, but her efforts were pointless. We were both wide awake, and she was more than likely replaying the events that had occurred tonight in her damaged mind. I definitely was. Confrontations were typically simple enough for me, especially when I knew that my friends were in the wrong, but I had no idea how to handle it this time. The ride felt incredibly uncomfortable, assuming that the limo driver was also aware of his boss's inappropriate and disgusting habits made it worse. We silently arrived to the parking lot and awkwardly got out, not saying one word. We dragged ourselves to my undisturbed roadster. The sun was beginning to rise, so we made it on time to avoid the extra charges for parking there.

"You had sex for money," I put the car into first gear and sped off immediately wanting some clarification.

"Victoria, he offered me two thousand dollars," she proudly pulled her money out again and showed me the dirty money.

"You can't put a price tag on yourself. What were you thinking? You said that you wanted to be a stripper, not a damn prostitute," I didn't want to argue with her, but I unwillingly heard pounding and screaming for practically the entire night.

"Is there really a difference? The game is the same. You get paid in the end," she had no remorse.

"There's a huge difference. Entertainers don't have sex for money, they literally just dance naked. They don't even take their thong off, just their damn bra. We saw that all night," I was in shock by her response.

"That's only because we went to the popular clubs. At other clubs, most of the dancers have sex for money," Eva was more than likely brainwashed by Steve.

"You're not even an entertainer! How could you even try to use such a stupid excuse?! You know what? If you really don't care about being a prostitute, then I don't either. It's your body and I'm not going to argue with you over it," I grew more angry by the fact that she wasn't showing any remorse.

"Men will fuck anything. I'm smarter and charge them for it," Eva smiled and handed me a one hundred dollar bill.

"I don't want your dirty money. I'm going to drop you off at home," I tried my best not to get into an accident on the road.

"I'm leaving it in here, for you. It's for the ride. You're my closest friend from the group, Vicky. I'm going to ask you not to tell Sara and Rebecca, please," Eva was asking me for an unrealistic favor.

I didn't give her a response. I needed the girls to help and back me up on this one. Eva wanted to take advantage of the strip clubs so that she could be a prostitute on a daily basis. Everything was slowly starting to spin out of control. Sara was a drug addict, Eva was a sex addict, and I began to worry about Rebecca. Was she hiding something, too? At this point, I wanted to get away from everything and everyone. I took my cellphone out and made plans to meet with John later in the day, but I needed to rest before anything.

"Who are you texting? It's not about me, is it? I'm sorry, Victoria. I won't put you in that situation again. I was honestly very intoxicated," her proud smile vanished and was replaced with a regretful frown.

"It's not about you. That's entirely your business," I put my cellphone away and drove faster.

"I don't want to be a prostitute, but when he offered me two thousand dollars it was hard to say no," she suddenly began to feel guilty.

The rest of the long and tiring ride home was again filled with nothing, but silence. It was 8:00AM, and we reeked of bad decisions. I was exhausted and desperately needed a shower and my bed. I dropped Eva off at home and drove as fast as I could to mine. When I got there, my roommate's car wasn't outside, again. She was actually a responsible person and always at work.
John confirmed and also wanted to meet up with me after his work. I felt excitement running throughout my body. I needed him. I wanted to be held and told that everything was going to be fine. I unlocked my front door and ran upstairs to my bathroom to hop in the shower. I sat still and let the water fall over me, looking down and not moving for a few minutes.
    When I got out, there was another text message, from John, letting me know that he was in the next town over. Due to his work purposes, he was going to spend the night there. He asked me if I would be able to meet with him still, offering gas and a place to stay for the night if I went. It was only a thirty minute drive, so I didn't mind and agreed to go.
    Although I already finished my shower, I didn't hesitate to get back in and shave my legs. I wanted them to be smooth for him. Carefully getting out again, I walked over to the counter and opened a top drawer. I pulled out a face mask to put and keep on while I took my long nap. My hair was almost always well-behaved without any frizziness. I put it into a tight braid, since it was still wet, and I got into bed. I had missed sleep so much, but I missed him even more.