Hope.

Demi's POV

"Hey gorgeous," My mom said as she poked her head in my door.

"We need to leave for the doctors in about an hour, so be ready okay?"

I mumbled something incoherent before rolling out of bed. My medium length hair was pulled up into a messy bun, leaving my bangs to fall out and some baby hair strands hanging off the back of my head. I rubbed my eyes, groaning as i stood up and walked to my shower. I turned the shower on and stepped into the hot water that was quickly steaming up my mirror. The hot water rushed over my skin, waking me up almost instantly. I stood there just letting the water fall on my back, trying to loosen up a bit. I got out a few minutes later, wrapping my towel around myself and squeezed my soaking hair, dry. I have thick hair, which falls into wavy curls when it's dried on it's own.I put on a blue and black plaid shirt with a pair of Black leggings. I left my face natural. besides my dark under eyes, I was satisfied with the way I looked. I grabbed my phone and went down to the kitchen.

"Mornin', Dems" My brother, Nick mumbled devoured a donut.
"How ya feeling?" I sat down, and stared at the food on the table, not really feeling hungry.
"I'm fine."

 "Nick, are you coming with us?" My mom asked cleaning up the plates from the table. He nodded and placed his hand on my shoulder, squeezing it slightly. "Mhm."

Nick and I weren't your average brother and sister. we're fraternal twins. And best friends. You would think, us being brother and sister, twins on top of that. we would be fighting all day everyday, but we were so not like that. He had always been there for me through everything. and i've had quite a few things happen. I could tell him anything thats everything. and he always knew how to brighten my day. I love my brother more than anyone else and i am so thankful he is mine.

"You not going to eat anything?" My mom asked me. I shook my head.
"She's too nervous." Nick spoke for me. I nodded my head. 

"And she shouldn't be because everything is going to be fine." My dad walked in the kitchen and kissed the top of my head. I smiled to myself and stood up.

"Let's go."

I pulled on a pair of black combat boots that came a few inches over my ankle before heading out to the car.

In a blink of an eye, my mom, Nick and I were on our way to meet my new doctor. We just moved across counter for my dads new promotion. Unfortunately, moving halfway around the world came with a new house, school, friends and doctors. I sat in the back seat staring out the window into New Yorks dark storm clouds. New Yorks summer weather sucks. It was way too hot and humid most of the time and rains once every other week. The only similarity it has to California was the rain. When it rained, it got cold. and i love cold weather. We moved a month after our Sophmore year, leaving all our friends behind. Nick and I haven't made new friends yet. Wait, i'm lying. Our neighbor is about 10 years old and likes to come over occasionally to play with Nick. So maybe Nick had a new friend and I didn't yet. Other than that, we just suffer together.

I sighed thinking about my appointment. I wasn't looking forward to it at all. It always makes me so anxious. I was terrified what the results would be. You think after dealing with the doctors since i was 10 I would be comfortable with it. I never got comfortable. I only got used to it. 
"It's gonna be fine dem." Nick whispered into my ear as he pulled me into a chest for a hug.

I didn't say anything. I just snuggled deeper into his chest. He's my rock, without him I don't know how I would make it. 

Twenty minutes later my mom parked the car and we began to all get out. I swallowed the nothing that was in my mouth, hard. Not being ready for the next hour or three at all. Sometimes I feel like oblivion would be better. But unfortunately, trying to be oblivious is inevitable. The cool air hit us as we pushed through the entrance. I felt Nick grab and squeeze my hand for reassurance. I smiled at him as a wave of relief rushed through me. He smiled back, his bright brown eyes showing nothing but confidence. At least one of us was positive about this.