rain//3

I arrived at the flower shop at the usual time. New York is an expensive city and I have to work is stay here, so I work at a floral shop a couple hours a day. Amethyst used to work there with me. When Olive and I broke up, I needed more alone time from everyone. She quit so I could be well, more lonely. It sounds worse than it is.

My favorite type of flower is a wildflower. They're my favorite because they always grow in places people thought they never would. That's what I like to do; I like to grow when people least expect me to. I relate to wildflowers a lot.

Lucas owns the flower shop and works there with me. He has a beautiful fiancée named Ivory, which I find ironic since the shop sells ivory. Also, I'm sure not very many young boys dream of owning a flower shop, but Lucas did. He's more gentle than any guy I've ever met.

Lucas grinned as I walked into the shop and directed me to some Hydrangeas and Marigolds to rearrange. As I worked, I listened to Lucas as he was on the phone with Ivory.

"Babe, it's just that roses are my favorite flower and I love them on our wedding cake," Lucas wildly ran his fingers through our hair and turned his phone to speaker, so he could continue to mark flowers for reorder.

"Yes babe I know, however don't you think Passion Flowers would be lovely for a cake?" Ivory sounded sweet like always, but slightly annoyed.

"Yes, but how would they look in icing? Roses look awesome in icing." Lucas adjusted his glasses like he knew he made a great point.

"But, darling don't Passion Flowers make sense as well? I mean there is the word passion in the name of it."

I couldn't help but giggle. What an argument to have! I would be glad to have an argument like that with my fiancé one day. I would like wildflowers on my wedding cake. I'm sure they would look wonderful in icing.

Lucas sighed, "Ivory, we're going to have lots of flowers at our wedding. We can make any of them Passion Flowers, but I want the ones on the cake to be Roses."

"Okay, fine then. We'll have roses on the cake," Ivory snapped and hung up the phone. Lucas groaned and called out to me.

"Yes?" I rose from my place on the floor.

"Send a dozen Passion Flowers to my house. Uh put a note that says 'Ivory, my love, any flower you love I love more'. Yeah that's good. Can you do that for me?"

I nodded and laughed, "Your fights with Ivory are adorable."

"Oh come on! Your fights with Olive were like that at the beginning!" Lucas smirked.

"Yeah well, they weren't like that at the end." I arranged the Passion Flowers and put them to be sent out.

I didn't like to think of how Olive and I could had been almost just like Lucas and Ivory. We could had been that happy. I wanted those silly fights with Olive more than anything. It could never be like that with us. I feel like I should imagine that with someone else now.

I spoke up, "Olive called me last night."

Lucas's jaw dropped, "How was that? Why did he call you?"

I finished another arrangement and slid the vase across the counter, "He said he missed me. Him and his girlfriend broke up. He said he wanted to catch up and be friends."

"Are you? Friends now?" Lucas questioned.

"I don't know," I sighed.

"Here," Lucas ducked under the counter and brought up two chocolate cupcakes. "One for me and one for you. Chocolate cupcakes are much simpler than relationships."

I grabbed the cupcake and took a huge bite. "Hmm pretty good," I mumbled with my mouth full. Just as I was beginning to forget Olive my phone began to ring.