Chapter 14: If Only

Clarence Pov
Queen really broke my heart. I'm a hood nigga and everything but I had so much love for Queen. Like I'm pretty sure I was in love with her. But, she had so much doubt about us having a relationship, she obviously didn't feel the same.

Anyway, I decided to stop talking her...Period. I can't be her friend anymore. If she isn't my girl, she's my roommate. I have also been distant with the whole gang because of the whole situation. I still loved Queen the second after I left the room that day and I still love her. That's why I always leave the dorm. I go out shopping, playing ball, whatever.

I started to get lonely though so I made a new friend. I met this girl in my English class. Her name is Chandler. I figured she could be my new Queen. If we had a connection, she could be the key to me getting over Queen. So far it's aigh, she's chill but a little clingy.

Today, I decided to take her to the dorm so we can chill over there. I decided I should take my company home to distract myself from Queen. Whenever I actually am at the dorm, it takes every bone in my body to not run to where ever Queen is at and hug her. And honestly, do more than that. I haven't had sex in weeks and Queen is the baddest girl in campus in my eyes. But, I am contemplating fulfilling those needs with Chandler. She's lowkey a hoe though.

I was currently walking with Chandler to my dorm as we were talking. I decided to ask her about past relationships because I was thinking about all that anyway.

"So Chandler" I said nonchalantly "How many relationships did you have in the past"

"Damn Clarence!" She said hitting me "Straight-forward"

I chuckled "It's not like that m-" I cut myself up. I couldn't call her ma, mama, mami, babygirl. Those are Queen's names. I can't call anyone else that. Time to make new nicknames.

"Well there's Alex, Ronnie, Ronnie's Brother, Pete, Pete's Cousin, Pete's nephew, Drew and Derrick, they were twins..."

This thot continued to say names until we came to the building and on the stairs, she had the nerve to say "But I've caught wayyy more bodies than relationships"

How close does this girl think we are to be bold enough to basically admit she's a hoe. Pete's nephew? She definitely has a disease. I bit my tongue before I said something I didn't wanna say.

"How about you?" She said facing me and smiling

"I had a single serious relationship with a girl and about 5 other bodies" I said bluntly before turning around

"Oh" she said lowly. Yeah. Hoe. Scratch all my thoughts. I can't fuck her. Once again, definitely has a disease.

"Imma take the stairs real quick. Get that exercise" I said lying. Fuck exercise. I'm trying not to disrespect this girl.

Once I came upstairs I heard Queen's voice. Damn. I hadn't heard her voice in a while. After a while of ignoring her, she accepted it and hasn't talked to me either. We greet each other by nodding to each other.

"I'm Queen" I heard as their hands joined in a handshake.

I walked in at that time to see Queen looking at me. Her eyes were so pretty. She's so bad for me. I need to snap out of it, she doesn't even like me like that. I glared back at her making her look away. Being mean to her was hard on me but I had to do it.

I told Chandler that we should go watch tv and so she said bye to Queen and we walked over. I sat with Chandler and she put on this show. It was funny asl. She was being a little touchy but I was just laughing my ass off at the show. It was commercial and I got thrown off by a sniffle. I looked over at Queen.

She was crying. My heart sank. I needed my distance but I didn't want to hurt her feelings back or anything. Why was she even crying? I thought she didn't like me. I'm so confused. She says one thing but acts differently.

I watched her wipe her face and pack up her stuff. The whole time she never looked back at the couch. Even if she did catch me staring I wouldn't care. That's my little babygirl. She sniffled quietly again as she began walking to the room. It took all..the..fucking.. bones in the my body to not run after her, pick her up and hold her in my arms forgiving her and kissing all over her face. I watched her disappear as I continued to look into the empty space.

I felt a hand tap my arm which made me jerk and turn around.

"Clarence the show is back" Chandler said "What's going on" she finished laughing a little

I cleared my throat. I grabbed the remote and turned off the tv making her gasp.

"Chandler" I said pointing to the door "I'm gonna have to ask you to go"

"What?" She said with a stank face

"You heard me" I said sternly making her fix her face

"..."

"Listen we are still cool and everything. I just need you to leave. See you in class"

"But..why?"

"It wasn't my place to invite a girl over so quickly me and Queen stopped talking"

"So what?" She said shrugging "As far as I'm concerned you were single and you still are"

"Oh please, everybody in the school knows me and Queen had something going on" I said getting mad "And it's my dorm, I invited you, I can sure as hell kick you out"

She scoffed and grabbed her stuff as I opened the door to let her out. I slammed the door behind her. I can't believe she was talking to me like that. I'm not her child. Hoe ass. And the way she downplayed what me and Queen had.. bullshit.

I rubbed my forehead. I got a big ass headache from all of that. I went to the bathroom and grabbed some Advil from the cabinet. I poured some water in a glass before sitting on the kitchen stool and taking the medication.

After that, I put the pills back and went to the room. When I walked in I saw Queen putting down her guitar. She looked so pretty, even from behind. She must have been playing music or singing. She turned around and nodded to me. I nodded back. She then climbed into her bed and faced the wall, her back to me. She turned off her lamp signifying that she was going to sleep.

I walked over to my side of the room and changed before I got in bed too. I laid my head down on my bed as I stared at Queen who was facing the other way. I flipped to face the wall too and sighed. I'm having a Queen withdrawal and she obviously misses me too. If she would do or say something that made me know that she feels the same about me, I would forgive her instantly. If only. With that though, I turned off my lamp.
———————————————————
We got to see what Clarence was thinking in this chapter and it turns out he isn't as cold hearted as Queen thinks. He just wants to protect his heart.

Y'all be wanting me to tell you everything that's gonna happen in the book like I can't do that sis🤷🏽‍♀️😂 but make guesses if you want

Also don't tell me to update if you don't even be voting for these chapters okurrr? Your comment will be ignored.😂✌🏽

Comment. Vote. Share.