ONE

chapter i- kanan's empire

chapter i- kanan's empire. → chapter excerpt: the aftermath of seeing frank causes eleanor to get in trouble with kanan, the man who saved her with she just a fallen angel who wings got clipped off.

___________________

SHE SAT AT THE TABLE SIPPING at coffee, the silence was the tune that was playing in the kitchen and she was okay with that. She checked her phone seeing the missed calls from Kanan and Alina. She texted Alina stating that she'll be home later. Eleanor didn't bother to message Kanan simply because he made her upset the previous night. Right now she wanted to enjoy the moment of seeing an old friend. She and Frank went way back.

She remembered when she first met him. She was just a lawyer that represented marines when they needed defense. After the death (or should she say murder) of his family, she hasn't heard from it. It was as if he went off the grid, went a-wall. Eleanor went off the grid also, deeply off the grid. She didn't even know who she was anymore and she damn sure wasn't the lawyer she was years ago. She still could remember all of the amendments by heart and many iconic cases that helped build the United States justice system, but practicing law wasn't her thing anymore. Eleanor wasn't sure what was her thing. Her phone vibrates once more and she only groans in annoyance before finally paying attention to it. Seeing the messages from Kanan caused her to swallow the last bit of her coffee, the warm liquid slithering down her throat as she began to collect her things.

"Eleanor.."

Hearing his voice caused her to stop stuffing her belongings into her purse. Tugging the skirt she had on further down her petite thighs as her chocolate brown eyes stared at him. She knew what was coming. The cup of coffee and comfortable hours of sleep caused her to remember the events that happened last night. Eleanor knew when she stepped foot in Kanan's penthouse, he was going to mention it. She could just imagine his words stabbing at her back as she ignored him to go on and on about it. Frank just was there at the wrong time. Although she was grateful for him since he gave her a place to safely sleep and a couple nice cups of coffee, he intervened in something personal. Not personal for Eleanor, but for Kanan. Kanan's business, his wonderful fucking empire.

"Frank, please don't. " Eleanor begged staring at him. "Thank you," She added before turning and walking towards the door.

She couldn't promise that he'll see her again. It was best if they didn't bump into each other at all. It was the best for both of them. Especially with who Eleanor worked for. He was very dangerous and she didn't want Frank to get hurt. Simply because he got involved in something that he knew so little about.

As Eleanor was walking down the streets of New York City, her jacket tugged tightly on her petite frame pushing herself between business workers and random citizens. She answered her phone when she saw Alina's name pop up. Alina was her younger sister who currently away in Gotham for her first year of university. Eleanor missed her so much, but New York City wasn't safe at the moment. That's why Eleanor was a bit happy that Alina chose to go to college someplace else. She couldn't find out how her tuition was being paid. The money wasn't exactly being made in a legal way.