The Music of Our Souls

Harmony. Sounds like a pretty girl with a pretty name and a nice family. But that's an overstatement. She's just a girl that's judged by her name, when in reality she's drowning and no one sees. They just see her fake smile and that's enough to convince everyone that she's fine, but really she's lost.

Harmony is 16 and in the middle of her sophomore year in high school. She has no friends. She's the school reject with minor depression. No one understands her, no one sees her struggle, and no one seems to care. Her parents certainly don't. Her moms a drunk and her dad left them when she was 3. Her only escape is her iPod, filled with the drugs of lyrics.

For her entire life people have told Harmony how great high school is and how great your life will be in the real world. But to her, they are just lies. Kept from her until it was too late. She's trapped in this school for another year and a half. She hopes it gets better, but she's not sure if she'll live to find out. She just wished it would end. Sooner rather than later...

Luke. He's the new kid in town, moved in the middle of the school year. Nobody knows who he is but he quickly makes friends. Pretty soon he's on the football team, he's got the girls, the guys, and pretty much everyone wrapped around his finger. Accept one person. He passes her in the hall ever day, she's got her earbuds in tight and the music turned up loud. Who is she? He needs to find out.

Luke is 17, he failed first grade because the teacher thought he was stupid. He moves from Arizona to Maryland in the middle of his sophomore year. "A new start" says his dad, but what does he know, he's never around. And Luke's mom? She's back in the state jail in Arizona. Arrested for trying to kill her family in their sleep. But that's all history.

At first he's a little nervous to be at a new school. But everyone is nice and friendly and there isn't a problem. He loves it. He's got newfound popularity, a bright future, and all the girls... Accept one... The one he desperately wants the attention of. Luke has no idea who this mystery girl is but he sees right through her fake smile. There is something about her, that he needs to be with.

When Harmony and Luke's paths cross, at first they're just awkward acquaintances. But then something clicks. They become best friends. And then more. It seems like they were made just for each other. They are each other's whole worlds... But they are also each other's dynamite.

Then when it seems like their lives are just getting perfect, the unthinkable happens. The two are torn apart by the reality of the world. Luke gets into a car crash and Harmony realizes that she can't live without him. When Harmony is told a lie the leads her to believe that Luke is dead it pushes her over the edge. Can Luke get to Harmony before it's too late?