A smile to keep 2/2

Memories from when he could remember the time he first confessed to her was buried deeply in his mind. Red paper hearts are all over the place and sweet caressing melodies filled the air. Couples are those walking early at the morning with the desired uniform of their universities. The smell of freshly picked red roses bundled up and displayed on the counters on the streets had become a trend as the special unrenowned certain day approaches. Annika was walking alone, as usual, when Dylan riding a bicycle seemed to be trailing her. She was glancing from left to right, greeting everyone along the way having that normal reaction of hers.  

While trailing her, Dylan would smile then have a serious face when she nearly sees him. Another pair of students greeted her and gestured at Dylan. He immediately jumps to a nearby bush leaving his bicycle on the ground and him being intertwined on the bushes. He was hoping she wouldn't notice the crashing part but to his surprise, she was leaning and looking at him. 

"Are you following me?" Annika asked. 

Dylan quickly gets up with a bunch of leaves and branches on his hair, some of it are on his shirt, "No I'm not! I was...I was having a daily check up on the plants around here" he brushes off the dirt on his shirt and removing the twigs stuck in between his wavy blonde hair. 

"Checking the plants huh? Are you sure you weren't following me because I'm ashamed of having to be brought to school with my dad" Annika pouted her lips and began to resume her walk. 

Dylan picks his bike up and walks with it in between Annika and him, "You can't make me admit I was following you by just stating false predicament, lady" he murmured loudly. 

Annika smiled, "Really? But from what I heard you already admitted" holding her handbag with both of her hands. She was comfortable walking side by side with him. The trees by the street lean over the pathway. Sunlight was peeking through the leaves. Several leaves are on the ground each bearing a different variety of color. 

Dylan laughed, "I'm not breaking rules, aren't I? That is following you" he glanced at her then looks straight forward. 

"It's in the rules. It's called 'stalking', dummy" Annika uttered glancing also at him. 

"So you're calling me a stalker, huh?"  

"No I'm not! The manner from where you're following me is what called stalking" she explained 

Dylan looked at her, "You sure know a lot, do you, but you're wrong" 

Annika confusedly looked at him. 

"You see, those people who isn't that much of a good looking and is drop dead crazy over you is what you would call a stalker, milady, and those guys who have this handsome face of mine and is drop dead gorgeous over you are called admirers" He thoroughly hit it. 

Tickling her over and over again, she just couldn't hold her smile back. From a distance they could see the campus gates, wholly opened. 

"Hey Annika, what's your thoughts on this Valentine's Day? Going out with Marcus again?" Dylan teased her 

"Well I'm considering about going out with you but lately I changed my mind" she teased him back. 

Dylan smiled reflexively, "You should and definitely reconsider that one!" 

"What would be reconsidered?" A voice greeted them just as they arrived at the gate. It was Marcus waiting for Annika. 

Dylan looked surprised and choked. He looked at Annika whose feeling a bit uneasy and no words coming out from hers. He understood her. 

"I said that she should reconsider the offer on the position we're offering her" Dylan reasoned immediately. 

Marcus looked at Annika who was smiling like she doesn't know anything, "That's great!" he puts his arms around Dylan and started to walk away from her. "I'll help you convince her...uh..." he wanted to say Dylan's name but it seems that he doesn't know about it.