Chapter 5

James woke up from his seat and stood next to Mr. Picklock.

"Can I be excused; I will go and take a walk, if you don't mind"

"Oh no I don't mind, James" Picklock answered laughingly" you sure need a walk, just take your time and I will see you later"

"Ok" James replied as he leaves the verandah.

Lisa has just finished serving her last customer, and was ready to shut down the pastry bar.

"Wait a minute Lisa, just leave it for a while, and let's talk" Jessica said happily

"Alright, what do you want to talk about?"

"Everything" Jessica replied "about the fact that the boss is giving you a chance to sing here in our bar!"

"Yeah, I know, I think it's time I have to proof myself that I am a good singer"

"Sure you are Lisa! I think that you are even much better than what you think"

"Yeah" Lisa said smilingly "Wade told me that someday I will be singing at the Fantastica stage"

"Wade? Who is Wade...?" Jessica asked surprisingly "is there someone you are not telling me about?!"

"No, no" Lisa replied "I just met him last night, I mean he..."

"Last night?" Jessica said teasingly "why didn't you tell me about him!? Do you know what that means?" 

"No I don't know, and will you stop teasing here!"

"Why not" Jessica replied "are you not inte-"

"There is someone else I am actually thinking about" Lisa interrupted.

"Who is it?"Jessica asked curiously

"It's that guy....... the one who came here the other day...very weird behavior, he's name is John or Jam-"

"James!" Jessica shouted

"Would you shush?" Lisa said angrily

"I am just surprised, for I've heard that he's all about trouble, but...well... I think he is so attractive, and not to mention HOT!"

"Yeah I know" Lisa replied lowly

"Well did you talk to him?"

"No, no"

"Well why not I don't think that there is any harm in trying"

"Well, I will think about that...an-"

"Speaking of which have you heard about the dance on the 5th street?" Jessica interrupted.

"You mean the ghoul's bar?" Lisa asked

"Yeah, that's it, it's going to be fun and plus it's the 60s week and there will be a lot of rock and roll!"

"Yes that will be nice"

"Will you be there?" Jessica asked

"Well I don't think that I have anything else better to do, so I will b-"

"Great" Jessica shouted "we are going to have a lot of fun!"

The little doorbell of the bar ringed softly as James opened the door. Everyone looked steadily and saw James.

"Oh look what we got here" Jessica said teasingly "speak of the devil, oh.... Maybe you should ask him to take you to that dance!"

"Shush..., Jessica you are too loud, can't you notice that he might hear you"