Par Amour

"Sign the agreement or..."

I'm speechless. I've been speechless since I entered this room.

On the bed, my man, Ares is lying with IV cords connected to his body. The boy whom I vowed to protect all my life is now fighting for his life.

One hour.

For one hour, I left and he was out of my sight. They took him away. I shouldn't have gone to Marissa's home. It was after all, her and Marcus's plan.

Marcus Rossi, a stupid obsessive mafia hobo whom I worked for four years. I did know he has this lust which he is badly mistaken for love for me but never had I thought, he would be this obsessive over me. Marissa, the crazy one time fling of Ares Silvetti, wanted to get Ares for himself but he didn't have feelings for her. Of course, he loved me.

"His life is in your hands tesoro", says Marcus making me glare at him.

I detest this evil spawn of Satan. Satan must be so happy for his creation.

I look over Ares again. Even in bruised state, he doesn't fail to look handsome as hell.

The gorgeous sliver eyes that always told me

"I love you. You're not alone. I'll be there for you whenever you need me."

Are now closed and his kissable lips are slightly open.

It's giving me a trigger reminder that he is alive yet dead at the same time.

The agreement has rules that I need to abide by. The main thing here is I shall be Marcus's mistress and no harm shall ever come to Ares by Marcus and his men.

"Three"

Marcus's voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

Now or Never.

"Two"

Not for me, only for him.

"I will."

Marcus grins with those evil glint in his eyes and says, "I'll leave you to have small chit-chat with him. Sign all the pages."

Marcus and his men leave the room.

I read the papers once again. I will be a mistress. I'll be called a whore and so many names but I'm willing to this. To save his life, I can do anything.

I wish Ares never saw me that day, walking alone in the pouring rain, a girl so desperate to have a new name and new life to begin with. This wouldn't have happened. Never.

But again, the part of me that is so selfish is happy for the time I spend with him.

That isn't selfish, is it?

After this agreement is done, there will be rumors arising.

Some will say, "She gave up her everything for love." Others will say, "She gave up everything for luxury." Marcus is damn rich. Why wouldn't he be? He runs the biggest and highest ranking mafia in the world.

But no one will say, "She gave up her everything for her love's life."

I stare at Ares, mesmerizing every elegant feature in his now delicate body.

Mustering up all the courage I've got, I start speaking,

"Ares.... we might never see each other after this. I'll be able to see you in magazines of course but I highly doubt that Marcus will let me get the magazines that have your handsome face on it.

The day when you met me in the pouring rain wasn't the first time we met.

Remember when you were 6 year old and came to a huge tree that still lies in the back of your countryside house. My home was near yours for the fact.