Chapter Two

I watched as everyone scampered all over the house, each person all doing their best to make it was perfect for the Alpha King and elders.

I couldn't help but feel strange, right now these weren't the wolves I knew of.

These were pigs, each frighten of the big bad wolf.

The Terrifying, Heartless, Blood Lusting, Bad Wolf.
*

It was late at night when I heard all the pack cars drive in and park.

I let out a sad sigh as I place down my book.

And stood up from my comfortable position, walking towards my mirror and fixed the dress Luna Meledy specifically chose for me to wear tonight.

She does this every time they have a party, she always made sure I wore something whore-ish or what she called 'Classy'.

Though tonight I was surprised to find something less 'Classy' but more soft like a doves feathers.

I turn my head at the sound of a soft knock coming from my bedroom door, "Come in." I called and entered in Collins.

I scanned his body, smiling at how mature he'd grown since I first met him.

His dark brown hair he once had as a child lightened up over the years. "Everyone is in the ball room." He bowed to me as I slipped on the heels his mother picked out as well.

"I know." I said as I walked towards him, He outstretched his hand, like a gentleman, and took my from my side. Collins lead me out my room and down the stairs towards the ball room.

As we walked through the ball room doors the feeling of anxiety well inside my heart. Without realizing it, my hand gripped onto Collins hand.

He leaned over and whispered "Calm down Faith... You are safe here..." I looked over to him then our hands. Ripping my hand away, I make my way towards the open bar at the end of the room.

I felt Collins eyes burning a hole into the back of my head.
*

I was three, medium sized, glasses of whisky on the rocks into the boring night.

My axiety subsided after the second drink the third was just for the burning feeling it gave as it slowly went down my throat.

Now I was watching everyone talk and dance. It was, oddly enough, quite relaxing.

Everyone chatted and danced, happily, around the room as the soft lullaby like music played.

I founded myself slowly tapping my feet to the beat and I liked it, but that quickly ended as one of the omega's came running in shouting.

"The Alpha King is here!"

The room silenced, tension thickened.

Feet lightly stomped towards the now deathly silent ball room, you could hear a pin drop.

With each time their feet hit the floor you could feel the power radiating in their steps.

I unhooked my shoes from the bar and stood up slightly swaying in my spot but thankfully I soon composed myself before walking over to Alpha Xavier and his family.

As I stood next to Collins I could feel his anxiety radiating off him.

Reaching down I grabbed his hand and pulled his ear towards my lips "No Alpha shows his fears, calm down. It'll be alright." Collins nods as the doors to the ball open.

He left go of my hands and placed them behind his back while taking a deep breathe.

Holding in a small chuckle I stare as about five people enter the ball before a man. By the way he stood you could sense he was the King.

I stared at the Alpha, watching him as he made his way from the door all the way to us. As he drew closer this sweet smell of pine wood and axe body spray hit my nose.

I almost drooled from how delicious the scent was. I composed myself placed my hands in front of my dress.

He walked with power, confidence and pride. He held his head up high. I found myself awing at him.

He wore a blue tuxedo, it hid whatever was hiding underneath. My gaze moved from his face to his feet, the shoes he wore looked almost a thousand dollars.

I felt like trash compared to him.

Finally he made it to us.

"Alpha Xavier, Luna Meledy." He greeted.

I watched his eyes as they gazed over the two of them.

"Alpha Zion." They both greeted with a bow.

Next came Collins, "Hello Collins nice to see you again."

"Nice to see you again Alpha Zion." Collins replies.

Then finally came me, he turned his head and stared at me. He didn't say anything, just stared me.

I piped up first "Hello Alpha Zion. I'm Faith Beckett." I held my hand out.

At first he just stared then grabbed it, the second he touch it fire went up my arm.

Mate!!

My wolf shouted, I stared at Alpha Zion.  I noticed he could tell too.