Her Romeo

Chapter One

What does this girl want from me?

I kissed my teeth as I silenced my black Iphone 4s as it vibrated against the oak side table that sat right next to my bed. I threw my PS3 controller down and laid back against the satin red sheets that covered my king sized bed. Did I not just give her £200 for our daughter; Ella yesterday? What could she possibly want from me now? I actually can’t stand my baby mother, but she brought my little princess into this world so I held some respect for her, not much, very little to be perfectly honest but it was still there.

I jumped of my bed and walked over to my wardrobe. I pulled out a dark denim shirt that I purchased from Zara of the hanger and slipped it on buttoning it up to the top. It looked alright against my fitted Levi jeans so I left them on along with my white, red and blue Air Jordan spizike’s. I walked over to my window and peeked through the wooden blinds. I kissed my teeth; summer is a myth in London I swear. I grabbed my thin grey Ralph Lauren hooded rain coat and slipped it on before giving myself the once over in the mirror.

 As usual I was looking swarve. I licked my plump lips and brushed my waves forward, my hair was curly slightly a sign that I need a haircut. I picked up my snap back and jogged down the two flights of stairs. My room is in the attic, away from the rest of the house. This is a good thing because it means I can play my music as loud as I want without disturbing the rest of the house, that and I need my own privacy. I’m a big youte!

‘Yeah I’ll come see you later’ I walked into the kitchen eyeing my 14 year old sister. Who was she going to visit later, these times it’s hitting four o’clock already. She needs to start getting ready for school tomorrow. I peered inside the fridge; grabbing the OJ and pouring it in my glass. She locked of the phone and stared at me questioningly, probably wondering why I’m watching her so hard.

‘Who was that on your phone, what’s her name’ I said putting emphasis on ‘her’ because there was no way she was going to be checking no man later. She isn’t that brave, I will feel no way to set pace, when it comes to her and the male species.

She tilted her head slightly making her bob cut shoulder length hair flow to one side. ‘My friend init’ she said rolling her eyes as she finger combed her full fringe that covered her hazel almond shaped eyes. I’m not stupid my sister is an attractive girl and she inherited my mum’s hour glass shape early, so I knew that there are plenty of 14years old and much older boys trying to get with her and to be honest that don’t sit well with me at all!

I kissed my teeth and rinsed out my glass, resting it on the drying rack. ‘Give me a name Jayla and don’t get brave with me, I’m not feeling the attitude’ She mumbled something under her breath that sounded a lot like ‘Annoying shit’ but I’m just going to pretend I didn’t hear that! ‘It was Mercedes, she wants me to come help her with her geography coursework’ I nodded my head pleased with the answer. I know she’s not lying to me, she’s shit at it!

 ‘Cool, I love you man’ I said kissing her forehead, flashing her a smile and grabbing my car keys. She tried to screw me like she didn’t like it but I saw the edge of her mouth curl upwards slightly.

I walked into my garage to see my shiny black range rover. My dad Tony bought it for me for my eighteenth last week. I wasn’t your average black teen. My parent actually had done well for themselves. I didn’t live on a poverty stricken estate. I lived in a 3 story house with both my parents. My dad owned his own painting and decorating company and money was never a problem. Don’t get me wrong we are not millionaires or nothing, but were defiantly not far off.

I pushed down on my car key and a ‘clinking’ sound was present, letting me know that the doors had opened. I jumped in and drove out my drive. I soon reached my destination. I got out the car, making sure I locked it up! This estate is full of thief’s!