Apocalypse Ni Preveiw

It was as if the light of day would never come. But when it did it place Peter in the most agonizing hangover he has ever faced. Fighting with the daylight was a pointless fight.  Trying to dim the light squeezing between the curtains and his windows he draws for the pillow. Then his worst challenge was yet to come. The lurid ring of his alarm on the bedside table to his left signalled for to get up it time for work. This however did not warn his rather it aggravated him. His hand raises swiftly and with a slam the alarm stops.

“Peter get up! You’re gonna be late…. Again.” pressured his concerned little brother. 

“Uuuugggh, just five more minutes mom.” uttered peter obviously still somewhat drunk and not thinking clearly.

[Slap] a light slap on the jaw flings Peter out of his mid-morning comfort.

“What the fuck was that for Carlos?” shouted Peter after his 18 year old younger brother.

“Am sorry man but we can’t waste any time, Mom and Dad wouldn’t want It.” says Carlos as he walks through the kitchen towards the bathroom.

Out of nowhere emotions filled Peter’s mind. By the mention of their parents memories just flowed right back in his head, the fights, the trips and unfortunately their death and funeral. By this time Peter was already upright on the bed. The screams of his parent were almost deafening, the screams saying “Get out of here! Take your brother and go!” On his feet now but still fighting his hangover he dragged himself to the kitchen to prepare something for the both of them. With the stove now lit all he could do was stare at the bright yellow-orange flames reminded of the fire that took his parent from him before he could realizing he could burn this down himself. About ten minutes later a plate of pancakes where laid out on the table ready to be devoured by him and his brother. A minute later his brother joins him fresh and well cleaned from his bathe.

“So what do you think about my work place? Do you like?” questions Peter.

“Hmmmm,” Carlos replies.

“What?” Peter not understanding he means by that or trying to dig deeper into his little brother’s thoughts.

“Well…. A mean they’re nice to me and all but are they nice to you? Do you like it there?” Carlos strikes with what’s on his mind.

“You sure you shouldn’t be doing psychology or something? Anyway it pays the bills and remember Pap’s always said that if everyone likes you something is definitely wrong.” answers Peter sternly.

Soon Peter had washed the dishes and headed to the bathroom. Carlos in the meanwhile clocked the clock as if trying to slow time. The time now showed 9: 30 am, the relief seemed to lift off his shoulders, for lab time was 10: 30 a.m. and it would take them about 15 minutes to get to campus. Peter emerges from the bathroom wrapped in a pure white towel after about 20 minutes and strolls to his room then takes 15 minutes to get ready. Carlos had all right to be telling him to hurry because if they let even one minute slip they might end up paying for it.

      10 minutes passed and Peter was dressed in a straight blue jeans pants and a blue plaid Armani Exchange shirt in his Nike all white kicks and walking speedily up the stairs to the NHRI (New Hampshire Research Institute) building beside his brother Carlos in a white T-shirt in his D&G black pants along with his white Reebok. Approaching the opening doors of the NHRI building there was a sudden, deafening BOOM! The force of the blow pushed the boys about 20 metres back from the building’s doors. Peter flew nearly down the complete 2 flights of the stairs they not long ago ascended while his brother was thrown a mere 3 metres away to his right. Peter tried to recover his strength and also mustered enough to help his brother from the ground.