Chapter 1: Same Old Story

My back was against the wall, just like it always was. They had me pinned down with no where to run and only this wall to hide behind. My scouting rifle was low on ammo and my pistol didn't have enough range to hit my targets. My only hope was that a smoke grenade could give me enough cover to get closer to them. With one hopeful toss the grenade was in the air. When it hit the ground i jumped out of cover and into the open. They fired blindly into the smoke and a bullet clipped me in my left shoulder but my armor took most of the hit, it was light weight. but durable.

        i made my way to the next piece of usable cover (an old vehicle parked outside the building) and took out my pistol. The four guards didn't know what had hit them and like a ghost i was inside the building. My rifle was on my back and my pistol was in its holster, but my knife was in my hand ready to strike. i crept around the through the back door quiet as a mouse and worked my way to the electrical box and disconnected all of their security cameras; they were blind now. what i needed was in the basement, most likely guarded by more than one guard. I opened up a door and made my way down the first set of stairs, then the next and soon enough i was on the right sub level. 

        I slowly opened a door and peeked into the long hallway before me. there were surly guards waiting at the door, they kept what was in there locked down tight, but i needed to get to it. i crouched and slowly made my way into the hallway, not a guard in sight. as i got closer to the door i could here two of them talking outside it, i hid in an empty room and cautiously poked my head out, i needed a distraction to get one of them over here. I took a magazine from my belt and took one bullet out of it and tossed it in the direction opposite of the guards. i knew thy heard it because they stopped talking.

        "What was that?" "I'm not sure you stay here i'll go look". The one guard walked towards me without knowing it. and when he was in front of my door i pulled him in and choked him until he passed out, he wouldn't die but he'd be out for a few minutes. The other drew his gun and came towards the door. when he entered i attempted to disarm him. He was too quick and was able to shoot me right above my knee before i was able to get the pistol and knock him out with it.

        Pain surged through my body. my leg was bleeding and i could feel the blood oozing out of the hole, the bullet shot clean through my armor and leg. i had to keep moving though; i couldn't let this stop me. When i finally reached the door and opened it a grizzled mercenary was staring up at me from his chair and pulled at his restriants, he knew why i was here and who sent me. "You know why i'm here." I said. I pulled out my pistol and shot him through the skull. 

        Like a ghost i was out of the building and back into the surronding woods. my black poncho was still hanging in the tree where i left it. i put it on and pulled the hood over my head. My adrenaline was running low and i could feel the pain in my leg growing stronger and stronger. i tore a piece of cloth from my pants and wrapped it around my leg to try and stop the bleeding. I started to limp back towards base so i could claim my reward