꧁༺Lɑɕυռɑ༻꧂

His heart pounded loudly in his chest, his eyes focused on the crimson irises of his friend. He nervously swallowed, waiting for whatever reason he was pinned in the corner of the hallway, where nobody but him and Kirishima were.

Kirishima frowned, not saying anything. His grip on Bakugou's left wrist tightened. His eyes traveled from the blond's eyes to the rest of his face.

After a moment of silence, the redhead finally opened his mouth.

"Bakugou what the hell is wrong? "

His voice was deep, sending a shiver down Bakugou's spine. The blond's eyes widened as he tried to understand what the redhead was talking about.

"What do you mean?" Bakugou asked, trying to sound as normal as possible, with his fierce eyes glaring through Kirishima's.

"You know what I mean, Bakugou. Don't act like you don't know," Kirishima said, biting his lower lip.

"I don't fucking know! Okay?! Leave me alone!" Bakugou yelled, trying to leave Kirishima's strong grasp.

"Stop and listen to me! Why are you acting like that?! You're not the Bakugou who I know," Kirishima uttered, his eyebrows rising in worry.

"I.. I-" Bakugou lost his ability of forming words, looking at the floor. The tears forming in his eyes threatened to spill out any time.

How could he tell Kirishima? Of course he trusted him, for he was his first true friend. But something inside the blond made him feel insecure, half empty and missing a part. He wanted to say everything on his mind, but of course he can't. He's not ready to lose his best friend yet.

"I can't tell you," the blond whispered, earning a sigh from the redhead. He looked up again to find Kirishima wrapping his arms around him and pulling him into a warm, comforting hug. He kept frozen in his place.

"Bakugou, if you want to say something, don't hold back," the redhead muttered in his ear. "You can trust me," he pulled back, flashing Bakugou his warm toothy smile and turning back out of the school.

Bakugou slid down the wall, bring his knees to his chest and letting out loud sobs.

He could've told his best friend.

The next day was normal, his squad as loud and mischievous as usual, the muttering of Deku every now and then, and the same beams of sunshine radiating off of Kirishima.

But the only thing that was unusual was the quietness of Bakugou. He hadn't snapped even once at anyone. Nobody really knew why, but they thought it was normal, carrying on on their studying and chatting.

Bakugou entered the washroom slowly, the door behind him slamming shut. He went to the sink and turned on the cold water, then gazed at himself in the mirror.

Purple eyebags, droopy eyes, skin paler than usual and body shaking slightly.

No wonder Kirishima noticed.

He washed his face with the ice cold water, taking out a small bag filled with makeup equipment.

He was stupid enough to forget to put on some concealer under his eyes.