Prologue.

[ a.n ; here's miyah, back at it again with the random stories and bursts of inspiration. okay so i have this chapter based story thought of, but not planned out, so please bear with me if things turn out to be choppy, or i never end up finishing it. This is a various x reader, you're welcome to request love interests! Currently the love interests will be: Asuto and Hiura, Haizaki and mostly Nosaka. Just lemme know if you'd like to add anyone else to the story, i'll be more than happy to implement them. this fic is named after a k drama, but not based on it!  Please enjoy! ]

Fire.

Fire.

All you could see was the blinding, raging flames of fire. Thick, black smoke coiled around you, making it impossible to breathe through your searing lungs. You coughed into your hand, trying to scream, but it was helpless. You couldn't find your voice, and choked on your tears.

You pressed your back against the only bit of wall that wasn't caught in flames. The television sparked, exploded, and ignited even more flames, burning away at everything you called home. You were completely surrounded. The wooden floor beneath your feet was starting to char, and crumble under your weight. You held your breath, but couldn't hold for any longer. Your head was pounding.

The curtains caught in flames by the window had burnt off, sending black soot and dust flying through the air as as piece of the fabric fluttered to the ground, setting the carpet alight. You tried to scream, you tried. You just couldn't.

The ground was collapsing, you had nowhere to step, and pressed yourself against the wall, ignoring the flames that licked your cheeks. The wood beneath your dresser had completely given out, and the furniture fell right through the ground, tearing a scream from your vocal chords. . . Finally.

Were you going to die? Why weren't your parents coming to get you? Why had they never come to get you when you were in danger?

As thoughts overflowed your mind, numbing the pain in your heart and lungs, you slowly started to lose power. You were getting weak, the smoke was filling your entire body, filling you with toxic. Your tears blurred your vision, you couldn't see anything other than red and orange. Fire, fire, wicked, wicked, fire.

Suddenly a door opened.

Your family?

No. It was a young boy. Breathing heavily, you tried to make out the silhouette of a boy your age. To no avail, you passed out, falling into his arms, and leaving your entire life in his hands.

Breaking out in a cold sweat, you jolted up from bed, panting. Your eyes wide and watery, it was cold, so cold. Gritting your teeth, you pulled your knees up to your chest and hugged onto them, searching for some sort of peace of mind, some sort of solace, something, anything.

"You're awake."

A small gasp slipped past your lips, as you turned your head to where the voice had come from. You were in the hospital? Everything was clad in white, asides from the wispy blue curtains, that blew in the soft breeze. You stared at the boy beside your bed, his hair was a deep shade of red, and brushed off to one side. His eyes a lifeless grey, you couldn't see a single thing in them, just an abyss of nothing. He was wearing hospital clothes, a lot like you were, so you assumed. . .

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He mumbled.

"N-no, it's alright. . ." You trailed off, staring down at your hands in your lap. "Are you the one who-. . ."

"You don't need to thank me. I'm glad I could do something to make a change. Now my life has meaning." He cut you off, to speak in an emotionless tone. He was serious, though.

". . . Thank you. I'm sorry you got hurt because of me."

"I'm fine. Are you okay, though? What's your name?"

"[Y/n] [L/n]. I'm well, but it just hurts to breathe a little." You pressed a hand against your chest for a moment, remembering the feeling of your lungs being on fire all too clearly. "I'm glad you're okay,"

"Nosaka, Yuuma."

"Right. Nosaka-kun." You lifted your head to give him a small smile, it was the least you could do. He had saved your life after all, you were grateful, so grateful. To keep a life you absolutely loathed. Why couldn't he have left you to burn.