The next door neighbors

This is my first story so i'm sorry if its not the best.

This was it. It was finally the day you would drive down to Indiana. You had all of your stuff packed and ready to go, but it felt like there was a part of you that didn't want to leave this life behind. Moving to Hawkins sounded cool at first. Especially because of all the legends you've heard over the years. But, as time went by, you realized more and more that maybe it wouldn't be as cool as you thought. Unfortunately there was absolutely nothing you could do about it. This was a chance of a lifetime for your Dad, and he couldn't pass down working with the famous chief Hopper. So, you got in the car and drifted off into a deep sleep...

You wake up hours later to the sound of laughter outside the car.

Mom: Oh! your awake! I was just about to tell you that we have arrived, and it looks like there are some kids your age outside! Why don't you go see them while we unpack the car!

April(you): oh alright.

You walk slowly towards them, and once they spot you they all go silent.

April: um, hey. I- I'm April... and i just moved in next door. nice to meet you? The two boys looked at each other, and the girl gave you an evil stare. She was giving off a really weird vibe, and you didn't want to mess with that.

Boy: hey! uh um (scratches his neck and blushes) uh...

Other boy: Im sorry about him. He gets a little nervous around girls. Nice to meet you too April. My name is Mike, that kid right there is Dustin, and that beautiful girl is my girlfriend El!

El: (glares at you)

Mike: Well nice meeting you. We are neighbors so i guess ill be seeing you around quite a bit!

You: oh yeah (you laugh) I would be surprised if we didn't! Becuase we like neighbors... yeah uh. bye!

You walk away without looking back. "Shoot." you thing to yourself. "I totally just embarrassed myself in front of the only people i know here." As you walk away you hear Mike whisper something to El.

Mike: I know you don't like her Eleven. But you have to be nice. Right now shes the only one our age that doesn't know about everything going on, and i would like to keep it that way okay? Max knowing is bad enough as it is.

As you eavesdrop you see Dustin run up to you.

Dustin: Hey! (he smiles widely) I think your pretty cool.

You: Oh! uh, I think your pretty cool as well!

Dustin: okay, so I know I probably will regret telling you this, but i'm going to take the chance. (He takes a deep breath) There is no way in hell you are going to believe me, but two years ago, my friend, Will, got lost. Nobody could find him for a whole week. And when they found him he wasn't in the woods or kidnapped, he was in an alternate dimension, created by Mikes girlfriend Eleven. She was some sort of weird science experiment, but she has super powers so don't mess with her.

You look at Dustin for a few seconds trying to process what he just said to you. All of the rumors you had heard about Hawkins were actually true. And that definitely wasn't a good thing.

You: Holy shit.

As you and Dustin sit there quietly for a few seconds you realize that everything has gone silent, and you two are the only ones around that area. A few moments later you hear something rattle in the woods, and the next thing you know that creepy girl eleven is standing in front of you with a bloody nose, and Dustin is no where to be found...

If you guys read all the way trough thank you so much! Let me know in the comments what you think of this, and if I should write more!