INTRODUCTION

Hybrids - half human, half animal creatures - are no longer rare in the towns of Kei, Lua, and Sacha

Hybrids - half human, half animal creatures - are no longer rare in the towns of Kei, Lua, and Sacha. Late at night, you will hear them prowling the dimly lit streets, hungry for something that is not flesh. They are hunters; predators and prey. These lands are their homes, they are kings with no crowns. Yet they arch their backs, crying to their mother (Luna) in agony and defeat, because those wretched humans dare to strip them of who they are, turning them into hollow carcasses of obedient, submissive flesh. Disgusting, greed-filled humans dare to adorn their necks with collars. Oh, when will they realize that they are wild beings not meant for them to claim? But as long as a certain mafia continues to thrive and conquer, to these hybrids, humans will always be their gods, forever and ever 'till kingdom come. These hybrids will roar, bearing their teeth. The last of a dying breed, they scream a warning.

"вєωαяє тнє fαℓѕє ρяσρнєт"

♤♢♧♡

The False Prophets, an underground mafia that thrives from the money of the rich. (The one sitting at the top was a mysterious man they called Dragon). They specialize in the distribution of luxurious beasts — gifts from the cruel, for the cruel. Selling only the finest hybrid breeds, they become decorations for the wealthy to show off, party entertainments, gifts for coming-of-age spoilt brats. These hybrids are caged, beaten to submission, starved, and neglected.  Perhaps some members thought it was unfair; the lack of mercy and justice. But what could they do? The price of leaving this mafia or speaking up against their ways was punishable by death. But Aki really didn't care. He had had enough.

♤♢♧♡

In the past, the things the man known as Bae Aki used to fear included :

♛the screams of tortured hybrids that haunted him even in dreams

♛the gang members who never hesitated in snapping a hybrid's neck if they disobeyed

♛the ones at the top of the food chain, the rich and powerful (how could they be so heartless?)

Whereas now, the things Aki fear include:

♚his old landlady when rent is due (of course, she lets it pass most of the time because he's handsome)

♚the creepy-crawlers in his tiny, tiny apartment

♚job interviews

Aki is running away from his past and his guilt. He vows he'll never look back. But no matter how hard or how far he tries to run, he knows it'll eventually catch up to him and force him to face the truth.