Chapter 3

Brief mention of suicide.

"Didn't Yukio already explain this to you?" Rin questioned, crossing his arms and narrowing his eyes and the older girl in front of him. Shura had requested to see Rin that day, Suguro came along because of his self-vow to never leave Rin unless he had no other choice.

The girl facepalmed, letting out a frustrated groan. Yukio, next to her, patted her shoulder and turned to his elder brother.
"I told her what you told me, but you didn't tell me everything, Rin. Pieces are missing," he explained, motioning with his hand out to the walls, which were covered in pictures and files, newspaper clippings and notes all connected with different colored pieces of strings. Rin sighed at the mess, scanning over the paper he saw.

Newspaper dated back years ago from all over Japan about unexplained disappearances, asking the possibility if it's all connected to a demon or a simple mass murder. Photos from security camera screencaps of a black mist in the center of an empty room. Ripped pages from books and journals, lines even leading to a blank spot on the wall with a red question mark drawn on it.

"When I got to the studio," Rin started, making Shura look up at him, "the top floor look clean and new. Everything else was demolished on the first floor. One of the girls told me..." He trailed off, hesitant to rely the message.

"Time is running out, Rin," the blonde said, slowly standing up while the ginger went back to doing what she was previously. Rin kept taking steps back, confused and scared tears in his eyes. "This," she motioned to Shima, "will keep happening until you die."

"The one girl told me I was running out of time, and this would continue to happen until I die," he shrugged at the end to show his confusion, but Shura and Yukio looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Fuck!" She exclaimed, walking a few steps to the side before kicking a chair, sending it tumbling to the floor. "It fucking is Somniom!" She exclaimed, pointing towards Yukio. The twin cursed under his breath, turning and marching to a desk with a computer on it, furiously typing away. Suguro was already at Rin's side, a protective arm around his waist.

"What the hell is going on?" The brunette asked, eyes switching between both exorcists.

"Baldie made a deal with a dream demon!" Shura exclaimed, her obvious anger momentarily aiming at Suguro. He sent her a warning glare, making her huff and turn back towards the chair, kicking it again and sending it a few yards away.

"W-what does that mean?" Rin asked, blue eyes blown wide with fear and worry.

"This demon, it makes deals with people by promising them to have their biggest wish come true as long as they kill someone," Yukio quickly explained, but Rin was still confused.

"M-Miwa wants me dead?"

"No, the demon does," Yukio slammed his computer shut and spun towards his brother, "you went to talk with Shiemi, right? What did she tell you?"

"My grandmother pulled me out of the studio just a day before the disappearances started," Shimei explained with a blank space, fingers tapping against the silk of her kimono, "I didn't talk much with the kids. They called me weird," she paused to let out a giggle, "and clumsy. Two of the girl didn't get along, though. Belle and Mikuno, I think. I'm not sure why, they argued a lot, though."

Yukio turned back to open his laptop, typing once again, this time with Shura standing over him. Sugura kissed Rin's temple, thumb caressing his side soothingly.
"Mikuno Banji, she was the last girl to go missing. Belle Senai was found dead just two years ago," Yukio paused, sighing quietly and looking down, "she killed herself. Her mother found a note, though only she knows what it said."

"What significance did Mikuno could have to Dominion?" Shura questioned, both aware of how confused and frightened Rin is.
"I'm not sure, I could run a background on her family, " he explained, then pulled his own phone from his pocket, flipping it open and scanning the unread messages.

"Rin, I could understand. But Mikuno is a little girl, she wouldn't oppose a threat to a demon like that," Shura mumbled to herself, shaking her head.

"What are you talking about?" Suguro finally asked, Though, Yukio beat her to the talking.

"Shiemi and Izumo are missing."