2

There stood our Mother Superior. Earning a gasp from me.

Arms crossed on her stomach she said

" I'll give you time before you depart".

With that she went away. I saw her crinkled eyes sparkle. She's been our superior after all, besides those constant evil glares and nonstop hurtful remarks from our mistakes. I stood there at my door still dazed. Shaking my head and gripped my suitcase, I walked down the small corridor of our rooms. I was located in the second floor so I have to carry my suitcase.

"Sister Thalia!" running from her door Sister Alex helped me with my suitcase as we descend.

" I pray that you'll be happy from your journey after this" she cheekily said

" I will" I replied with a smile. " You may do your duties now Sister Alex, I don't want to take your time" With that she hugged me and wander off the kitchen.

We, sisters are not allowed to go beyond the monastery's premises. There is Brother Riko, he does the business outside the monastery. So after 6 years, I will face the world again. This time in a different view. What changes did I miss?

Scanning the living room I saw Sister Margaux walked to me " What time will you depart?"

Glancing at the watch that my mother gave to me when she visited me here, I replied

" After I bid my goodbyes to them" nodding myself to the sisters who were working inside the monastery and in the garden. They have been my companion since then, even though not all of them I could get along well.

In that moment, goodbyes were said, hugs were given, and time passed quickly. The eyes of this people who will always be a part of me, will always be there in the chapter of my life. Now I have to open another chapter. Cheesy right?

Someone tug my ponytail twice, looking at the culprit Sister Margaux pointed at the car that will accompany me out of the monastery.

"Now, go Nathalia" Mother Superior interrupted said as if shooing me to the car.

"Thank you, Mother Superior" with that I waved at them and hopped on the passenger seat. Brother Riko then went to the driver seat.

"Ready?"

Am I?

" I am" I replied while still looking at the sisters. The car revved up to life and their view became minuscule to my eyes. The view was then replaced with trees and greenery scene. The monastery was located in a rural area were we are somehow in a serene environment.

I look at the scenery before me as if I have never been here before, such a good place.

It's been six years since I am in this road eh?

I put the windows down and closed my eyes making the air and the heat of the sun hit me. It will be a 3 hour ride.

" Let me know if we're near, Brother Riko"

_______________________________________________________________________________

Someone shook my shoulders and slowly I open my eyes, squinting from the brightness that welcomed me.

"We're near, Sister Nathalia, I'll just go to that convenience store and buy us food and drinks" he said pointing to the direction of the convenience store named 7-eleven, and I nodded.

Interesting name, maybe they're open 7 days for 11 hours a day eh? People are creative nowadays.

Smiling at the thought I look at my surroundings, we're in a gasoline station with a convenience store. There are 2 cars parked beside the store, they're sure in a road trip. Our place is full of beaches that's why this place is always visited with tourists.