Chapter Two

Once he was at school, Oikawa immediately went straight to Bokuto and Kuroo.

He barely remembered anything that happened last Friday, his drunken haze mixing his memories into some kind of ball of confusion. Sure, he remembered some things, namely Bokuto being suddenly worried over a phone call he took a while after Kuroo either left or fainted somewhere. He said something about it being a 'life or death situation', that him and Kuroo would both be dead if he didn't shut the party down, so he did and someone Oikawa knew gave him a ride home.

"Hey dude! How was the hangover?" Kuroo greeted him as he sat on a desk next to a very sleep-deprived Kenma who was playing some game on his DS.

Oikawa placed a hand at the back of his neck, "Gotta say it wasn't great, but at least the sickly look didn't make me less pretty." He confessed, " Actually, I can barely remember what happened on Friday."

"Honestly," Kuroo smiled, "Me neither, apparently I sent some voicemails to Kenma after he stopped answering his phone, but I ain't ready to listen to that." Kuroo turned to Bokuto, "And he's not telling me what happened!"

Oikawa looked at Bokuto as he let his arm drop from his neck, "I don't think you wanna know..." Bokuto said, he was surprisingly always the one to remember the most when they drank, maybe Oikawa and Kuroo were just lightweights, "Though 'kawa did agree to a dare involving Akaashi's friend over there." He nodded to where one of their classmates stood.

"Wait wait wait... I think I remember now. You said I have to make him fall in love with me, right?" The two of them nodded.

Kenma spoke up from the chair he sat in at Kuroo's side, "How are you gonna know he's in love though? Wouldn't a kiss be easier to manage?" He asked, actually looking up from his game. He was actually showing some kind of interest in this dumb dare.

"You're so smart Kenma! That makes a lot more sense, right?" Kuroo said, turning to Kenma and turning back in quick succession, after Bokuto agreed that it was in fact a better idea, he leaned down and pecked Kenma on the lips.

Bokuto gagged at the affection, "Y'know I'm happy for you bro and I love you two finally being together but you're just reminding me how Akaashi will never love me back. Ugh, having and unrequited love sucks."

"That's a big word for Monday, especially from you" Oikawa commented, crossing his arms as he spoke, "Anyway, about this dare... do I have a time limit or?"

"Nah, it's not like we'd keep track of it anyways so you're good, go get 'em tiger." Kuroo answered as the school bell echoed around the room, they all swiftly took their seats as classes started for the day.

-

Once the first two classes were over, he had his chance to make a first impression. Sure, this might be a bit harder since the dark-haired stranger was a guy but Oikawa loved a challenge, so he wasn't worried.

"Hey stranger! Nice to meet you, Oikawa Tooru at your service." He introduced himself as he stepped in front of the guy, holding a hand out for him to shake.

"Iwaizumi Hajime... hi?" The guy said, shaking the hand Oikawa held out. Wow. His eyes were so green, they looked like emeralds.

After a few seconds of staring into Iwaizumi's eyes, he spoke again, "You okay? Should I get the nurse because you seem a little out of it..." he said, waiting to see if Oikawa would make any response.

Oikawa snapped out of his haze and remembered seeing this same guy walk almost the exact same way home as him once, so he decided to use that, "Oh, no, sorry. Didn't get much sleep uh... studying. Anyway, I noticed you live around my area so I thought it would be nice to know someone who was only a short walk away when I wanted to do something, kinda stupid but oh well I'm here."

Iwaizumi half-smiled at Oikawa, "Yeah, okay, sure, whatever." He waited a second and added, "Just one thing though, what kinda sports are you into because I can't be friends with you if you don't like volleyball."

Oikawa laughed, "I'm actually in a volleyball club surprisingly..."

They continued talking for the rest of the break, which wasn't that long but it's still progress.

He spent his lunch with Kuroo and Bokuto as per usual, but today he couldn't stop glancing back at his emerald eyed acquaintance.

-

After the last class of the day ended, Oikawa had an idea, "Hey Iwaizumi!" He walked over to where the tanned boy was getting up from his desk, "Wanna walk back together? I mean why not since we live so close, right?" He smiled in the way that made his first girlfriend fall for him, and Iwaizumi agreed.

Over the time it took them to get to where their paths stray from one another, Oikawa already felt comfortable enough to call Iwaizumi 'Iwa-chan'. There was just something about him that made Tooru feel comfortable, feel safe.

After numbers were exchanged and some glances that lasted a little too long, someone spoke up, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow Iwa-chan?" Oikawa asked, one hand in his pocket while the other held the strap of his bag at his shoulder.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow Shittykawa." Iwaizumi laughed as he turned around, taking a few steps before Oikawa shouted something about being pretty as he smiled and laughed as Iwaizumi left.

While he walked back, a warm feeling settled at his chest.

A/n
Hey look at me try to incorporate some side things into the fic-
Kuroken and bokuaka will probably play some roles in the story now that I'm rewriting it a bit, also I now have a whole new idea for the ending so I'm gonna lace some clues throughout the rest of the story now I know what I'm probably gonna do- any opinions are welcome!