chapter one:

NOVEMBER

"name?"

"erin turner, i just transferred from florida." i tell the woman and she nods.

"here's your schedule, sweetie. have a good first day." the office lady smiles at me, and i return the smile. "thank you." i say as i walk out.

i feel a couple of eyes land on me, but i ignore it. its just because i'm the new kid. i look at the freshly printed schedule and see that my locker number and combination was written at the top in blue pen.

"locker 303, okay." i mumble to myself.

i make my way past the students and find my locker. i put in the combination but it doesn't budge.

"fuck." i sigh.

"need help?" i hear a males voice behind me.

"uhh, yeah actually." i give a nervous look and he flashes a smile, "i'm grayson."

"erin." i reply as i hand him my paper.

he puts in the combination and my locker pops open, "there you go." he says and then looks at my schedule.

"you're a junior too?" he asks and i nod.

"we have english, algebra 2, and history together, sweet." he smiles and i smile back.

"oh good, i'll at least know someone in my classes." i give a sigh of relief and the bell rings.

"grayson! hey man!" a guy says and grayson waves.

"hey, i'm gonna head to class. see you there." he smiles.. again, then walks off with the guy.

i shut my locker, and faced with a girl with light brown hair and green eyes.

"woah.. why were you talking to grayson dolan?" she asks.

"oh, um.. i couldn't get my locker open so he helped." i explain, and she nods.

"well, if he tries to flirt with you or anything, i recommend you don't flirt back." she says, and i give her a weird look. "i'm serious."

"why?" i ask.

"what class are you going to?"

"english with... mr. smith." i say, having to look at my schedule.

"oh, same. i'll explain on the way." she says, "i'm ally by the way."

"erin." i say and she nods.

"basically," she starts as we head to class, "grayson is dating this girl named brandi, but they're on and off." she tells me, "brandi is one of those girls.. if you know what i mean. she gets really jealous over grayson, but i dont understand why.. she cheats on him a lot."

"what does she look like?" i ask.

"she's right there." ally signals towards a girl talking to grayson.

"she doesn't look very happy." i say.

"that probably means that they're off again.. explains why grayson was so nice to you."

"and if they were together?"

"grayson would've probably walked past you like you're nothing, or he would've said something about you to one of his teammates about how dumb you looked trying to get your locker open.. i don't really know." ally tries to explain.

we reach the classroom, "mr. smith is a cool teacher, he's my favorite plus there's never assigned seats."

"yo, ally." a guy smirks and comes up to her and she rolls her eyes.