~3~

The night was going fine save for the butterflies in Will's stomach. The pizza Nico picked out was good, the champagne made him feel lighter. As he and Nico cuddled on the couch, he kept his eye on the time. At midnight...he'd...

As soon as midnight struck, Will turned to Nico. After grabbing the pale boy's hands, he forced a smile out through his anxiety. "Neeks...I...I love you. We've been together for a while now. We basically live together... I love you more than anything, Nico. More than anyone." He didn't mention Lukas' name but it hung heavy in the air. "I picked you and I'll continue to pick you time and time again." He got the box out of his pocket, opened it to show the ring he had bought. "Will you marry me, Nico?"

Nico's dark eyes filled with confusion, his hands going limp as he stared at Will.

"What?" Will asked, his hands starting to shake. "What's wrong, Nico?"

"I..." Nico took his hand back to take the ring box out of his own pocket. "I...I called date night to propose to you."

Will stared at Nico in silence. Nico stared back. As the minutes dragged by, they stared at each other as they wondered what the hell to do from there.

"Um..." Nico finally spoke. "I...say yes?"

Will laughed. Hard. "Oh my god, Nico."

Nico chuckled softly. "What did you want me to say? Hey, do you say yes to me?" He demanded. "You have to say yes, William."

Will continued to laugh. "I say yes, you idiot."

Nico tossed him the ring box before taking the one out of Will's hands. "Then put the ring on like a good fiance." He slipped the ring Will got him on, his heart fluttering at the sight of that ring on that finger. "Damn...we're actually engaged."

"We're engaged." Will pulled Nico close, starting to kiss his neck.

"Will! Inappropriate!" Nico blushed at the contact, making no move to pull away. "And we should talk."

"About what?" Will mumbled, his arms around Nico's waist.

"Why'd you pick tonight to propose to me? Was it cause I said date night?" Nico asked, wrapping his arms around Will's neck. "Cause the whole reason we had date night was that Percy thought that'd be a good way to propose to you."

"Percy?" Will asked. "Percy set this up for you, too?"

"Too?"

"He told me to propose to you tonight!" Will got his phone out. "I still have some of his texts. You're saying he told you to do it tonight?"

Nico facepalmed. "That damn matchmaker."

Will moved Nico's hand away from his face before stealing a quick kiss. When he pulled away, Nico was as red as the pizza sauce still on his chin. "What was that for?"

"You're cute." Will replied. "And we're engaged. Hopefully, we'll be kissing a lot."

Nico rolled his eyes. "Not in public."

"Whatever you say, Neeks." Will kept him close. "Whatever you say."