Chapter One

December 22nd 2012

Leon
He walked onto the balcony, he saw Heather leaning forwards against the railing, her golden eyes seeming to scan the view of the beach. A sudden breeze made Heather's long brown hair flick behind her, making her scar noticeable to Leon.

He walked over behind her and wrapped his arms around her, resting his head on her left shoulder. She leaned back into him a little, her eyes closing.

Leon suddenly remembered the day Heather was rescued from Wesker, he had just gotten back from a mission when he got a call from Chris telling him he was on his way back from Africa and that he had found Heather.

It took him all of about one second to register that before he was out the door and on his way to the BSAA headquarters, but when he got there, it was nothing like he had thought it would be.

Heather was unconscious on the hospital bed, a stitched wound on her neck, her hands and feet were strapped to the bed, and Chris was signing a paper to give permission to test if she was safe.

Leon passed Chris, and went to Heather's side, pulling a chair so he could sit by her side until she woke up, and that's what he did, for a whole week, never leaving her side.

He mentally shook himself from the memory and held Heather tightly, gently kissing the side of her head. He heard her hum softly and he nuzzled his chin into her neck.

A few hours before Edonia

Chris

Chris sat in the chopper, making sure he had all of his gear on, he saw his radio,  his knife, several ammo clips, a few grenades, a flask of water, and of course, the vest. He never wore a helmet due to it being distracting while he was trying to shoot.

Heather was away on another mission, 

"Don't worry, Captain." Piers' voice interrupted Chris' thoughts. "She'll be okay."

Edonia

Sierra

Sierra was a young woman of twenty-three, she had black hair, emerald green eyes and fair skin; she was fairly built with muscle and was of average height.

She looked at Piers then at her team, a few of the soldiers had been there for a while, like Jack Rich and Dan Hollows, but there were new faces like Finn Macaulay, she knew that they would be lucky to last as long as her, Piers and Chris.

She left out Heather because she wasn't (fully) human, and because Heather didn't have luck on her side, she had skill, like Chris and Piers.

Piers was man of twenty-six, just a few years older than Sierra, he had brown hair that moved upwards but more in a natural way, he had hazel eyes, tanned skin, and was very tall, almost the same height as Chris.

Chris was a hardened war veteran of forty-one, he had short dark brown hair, brown eyes, tanned skin (like Piers) and was more built than the whole team as he took strength seriously.

"Listen up!" He yelled.

Chris was about to say something important, of course, and that meant for everyone to be quiet. Sierra straightened and her green eyes turned to Chris.

"Our job is to rid the world of B.O.W.S." Chris started, his eyes skimming over the team. "And the only way we're gonna do that is by sticking together."

Sierra nodded, and out of the corner of her eye she saw Finn shifting around, he looked either hyper or nervous.

"Nobody's expendable." Piers said, a hint of authority in his voice.

"Exactly." Chris agreed. "Now each and every one of you may be ready to die for our cause, but it's my job to make sure you all make it out of here alive."

Finn made a noise, Sierra looked at him, he looked like he was sniffling. She rolled her eyes, Finn was definitely like a child working with his idol, she thought he would eventually get over it after a few months; and he still hasn't.

"Suck it up, Finn." Piers scolded.

"Sorry, sir." Finn replied, straightening up.

Chris nodded to Piers and continued, "No one gets left behind. Not on my watch. Understood?" 

"Yes, sir." the team replied.

"Finn, give us the update." Piers said, pointing to the ground for Finn to use his holographic flashlight.

"Yes, sir." Finn nodded then pulled out said flashlight and clicked it on.

"The guerrilla's are using a new species of B.O.W." Finn started.

Chris kneeled down and looked like he was watching the pictures. Sierra looked at them, the "new species" was ugly.

"Command is calling them 'J'avo'. They are extremely intelligent and incredibly strong and have the ability to mutate in response to physical trauma." Finn said.

Chris nodded and stood up, Sierra took a deep breath after all of the information; she had a feeling they weren't gonna be home for the next week. The J'avo wasn't really anything new for Chris, Piers, and Sierra; they've dealt with versions of them before, they were tough. 

Something tells me today is gonna be a long day. She thought to herself.

"Alright." Chris said, nodding. "You know the drill, split into three teams. Move out!"

Sierra nodded, along with the team.

"Yes, sir!"