The Begining

It was Mr. Cade's first time teaching at Sunset High School. He was fresh from college and full of optimism, at least for now.
     He had tried to be a writer but couldn't finish his first book.
     Like they say, those who can't do.....teach. So he became a high school English teacher.
     He had quickly made friends with the other English teacher across the hall. Her name was Ms. Walsh. She was a very sweet lady and had years of experience under her belt.
     Mr. Cade came to her often with his concerns and questions. Which he had many of. 
————————————————
      Ava Dimitri was dreading her first day of school. Not that she minded school. No, not at all, in fact she loved school. She liked learning and she missed her favorite teacher Ms. Walsh.
     But as she stared at her Senior schedule a pool of dread formed inside her.

Honors English    
Room 319
Mr. Cade

     This would be her first time with a male teacher since the incident. She knew she had to get past it and that not all male teachers were like.....him. But she just wished she had someone to talk to. To make her feel brave and not so alone.
     She was emancipated at 16 and lived alone in a studio apartment. Friends did not come easy to her and she had no family to turn to.
     Ava walked over to the mirror a stood there for a while. When she finally spoke her voice came out rough from lack of use.
    "Ava, you can't let your demons from the past continue to haunt you. You are a strong independent... wom-um..... girl? And you will have a kick ass Senior year."
    Determined to be brave she gave one more hard look in the mirror.