Lunch

Ava was practically skipping to Ms. Walsh's class for lunch. What she didn't expect was for the door to be locked. What on earth? Where was she? And most importantly where would Ava eat lunch! She just stood there in disbelief staring at the locked door in front of her.
     Two weeks in and already she was having a crisis. She was half expecting Ms. Walsh to round the corner and open the door.
"She's out for the day. Her kid got sick." Came a voice from behind. Ava flinched hard and held back a scream. "Sorry I scared you again." He said. She turned around but she already knew who it was.
     "It's fine I'm easily startled." Ava said. She turned back around and sat next to Ms. Walsh's door preparing to eat her food alone. It was a saddening sight to see for Mr. Cade. She sat alone on the ground eating lunch. "You could eat your lunch in my class if you want. My doors always open to students." Mr.  Cade said.
     Ava stopped and seriously contemplated the offer. I mean the door is wide open and I really don't wanna eat lunch on the floor, she thought. Slowly she got up and went into the classroom.
His classroom was unique. It was initially a drama class and the class made a stage from the two structural pillars in the back. Ava hopped onto the stage and sat in the middle. She felt very cool and dramatic doing this. As if she was about to recite Shakespeare.
"It's nice isn't it." Mr. Cade said.
"I'm surprised you don't teach your classes up here. There's so much you can do with a stage." Ava said thinking of all the things she would do if she was in his situation.
"I don't like the idea of standing above the students. But I think I have some plans for the stage." Mr. Cade said
Ava just hummed in agreement and continued to eat her food. Not long after a student walked in. She was Jessica, Ava knew her well. Jessica was pretty and popular and kinda mean. But Ava never had to feel her wrath.
"Mr. Cade I had a question about the homework." Said Jessica. "How can I help?" Mr. Cade replied. And she sat down while they started discussing the homework.
It was pretty simple. You had to write a short story based off someone in your life you knew. Ava was done already. She had written about Ms. Walsh. When they were done Jessica stood up and looked at Ava like she had just noticed her.
"Omg, Ava! I didn't see you there(she was lying) what are you doing in here. Come to think of it I never see you at lunch." She said.
"I uh..... well I don't normally sit in here. The teacher I usually eat with isn't here." Said Ava. She was afraid of Jessica and what she could do. "But I'm all done now so I'll just be leaving." Ava said again. And bolted for the door. Jessica felt rather proud of herself. She didn't like her hanging around with the new hot English teacher. He was Jessica's and she would make sure of that.