crave

" Africa by Toto."
_______________________

I flopped down on my bed when I got home, I let my breath calm down, the smile still hadn't faded from my face. I pulled my phone out of my pocket. My cheeks flashed red when I read the dull screen.
"1 text from Awsten 💜"
"Text me when you're home n safe." 1:14 AM

"Home & safe x" - me

"Good."

"Are you home yet??"

"Yup, just walked in. Thanks for being rad."

"Me? rad? Please, you did most of that."

"Whatever."
"Coffee tomo, 6?"

"Perfect x."

I put my hands up to my face and it was hot, he was so cute and caring and dangerous? There was no way I would've seen the trip laser, been fast enough to run through those cameras unseen, or make the right decisions at the right time. I let my mind wander. I held my book to my chest. I flipped it open and my lungs emptied.
This wasn't my book at all. I closed it immediately.

I sat up and turned on the light by my bed, this. was. not. my. book. I put it down beside me and debated on if I should grab my phone. It couldn't hurt to just flip through a few pages right? No, that's not cool. It's an invasion of privacy, when and if Awsten finds out he wouldn't do that either, would he?

I ran a hand through my waist length hair. I scrunched up my face and decided that if I was having coffee with this stranger tomorrow then I could at least see what he was into. I flipped it open. I found pages and pages of scribbled lyrics and doodles and I caught a glimpse of words that seemed familiar.

"You're so cold
I've got to know
What made you so
Scared to be alone?
I've got to know
Who chilled your bones
That wasn't me"

It was a song I knew I could sing the whole thing in my head. I loved that song. I related to it so so much.
What was it called? Think Alex Think. Who chilled your bones that wasn't me. "-GLOOM BOYS!" I yelled out in my apartment.

I quickly covered my mouth. Awsten liked the band Waterparks too? I mean I knew a good handful of songs, I smiled to myself a little.
I looked up the song on my phone. "Gloom Boys by Waterparks. Waterparks is an American pop rock band formed in Houston, Texas in 2011. The group currently consists of lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Awsten Knight, backing vocalist and lead guitarist Geoff Wigington, and drummer Otto Wood."

My heart stopped.
Awsten. Knight.

I flipped to the front of the book, and in cute little cursive writing was his name in the bottom left corner. "Awsten Constantine Knight." The book fell from my fingertips and hit the carpet in my room.

I wheezed a little bit. I had no fucking idea. I ran my hands down my face and the fangirled for a little. Airplane Conversations was my shit when I graduated high school, and Double Dare got me through my parents passing. Entertainment was still very recent, but I loved all of the songs.
I took deep breaths in and out. I don't know when I passed out but I woke up late for work the next day. I'd recently gotten a job at the music store down the road from my apartment. I could play quite a few instruments and I would soon be moved up to the front room, instead of back room stocking- that might change however if I don't get there within the next 10 minutes.