Chapter 2

It's Monday morning, the worst day of the week. Jack dropped me off at school on his way to work. I feel like a little kid on their first day of kindergarten, when they get dropped off and feel so sad saying goodbye to their parents, hugging them so tight, not wanting to let go. I feel like this, but I don't let him know this. I put on a brave face and walk to registration. THe truth is that Jack thinks I have loads of friends. I go out and tell him that I'm going out with friends, but in actual fact, I just like going on long walks by myself in the woods surrounding our little town in Los Angeles.

I walked into registration, and took my usual seat in the back right corner. I was the first on in the room as usual. I didn't notice anyone else come until a boy was stood infront of me. He didn't look familiar. I was just staring at him when he asked "Do I have to sit in a certain seat?" he had a very calming voice, it was shy and slightly husky. I liked it. I forgot I hadn't answered him yet, so I told him "No, but everyone tends to sit in the same seat everyday." He was looking slightly nervous. In his melodious voice he asked "What seats are usually empty then? I don't want to cause and argument with anyone on my first day." So it was his first day. He knows nothing about me. Maybe that's a good thing. But then again it's not lie anyone knows anything about me. All the think is that I'm a weirdo who sits on the back corner of every class not saying a word. Not I'm nervous. "You can have any seat on the back row, I'm the only one who sits at the back. everyone else likes to sit where they can get more attention." I told him. He then surprised me by choosing the seat next to me. Maybe that's because it was the closest available seat to him, but I'm not used to having someone sat this close to me. "I know what you mean." he spoke back. He had a cute smile that formed in the right hand corner of his mouth. I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks. This was unusual for me, was I blushing? This isn't possible, I never blush.

Everyone started walking in the room and the tension between me and the new boy broke. I went back to being invisible. "My name is Spencer Jackson by the way" so that's his name. Spencer was tall, about 6 foot tall. He had bright blue eyes and black hair. He had like a lone wolf vibe to him. He hid his hair with a black beanie. He wore black skinny jeans, black military boots, a black denim with a grey zip up hoodie underneath, and a plain white top. His top was quite top, obviously showing that he was ripped.

"I'm Maddie. Maddie Bell."

"Maddie Bell? That's nice. Is it short for Maddison"

"No, I'm just Maddie..." I was getting nervous. This is the longest conversation I have had since I moved here.

"Well I'm just Maddie, it's nice to meet you. I should've left school two years ago, but I don't test well." He started to laugh, he had a nice laugh. Not too loud. Not nasal. Not through his teeth. It was a genuine laugh. I like it.

"Erm... Same. I should've left last year."

"I should've left two years ago" so he was older? I like him already.

I was just about to ask him why I've never seen him before, when Mr Hall walked in.