Escape

Lilac was weak, so he was fine being a hostage since he wasn't getting hurt. However, I wasn't okay with it. I needed to get back to Tsubaki. The first day I watched what happened, and who seemed to be the leader. I was going to run, but not tonight. I had to wait it out, and sleep earlier so I could escape while they slept. They weren't bad people, but I needed to be with Tsubaki. I hadn't changed my appearance, but my power would run out soon. When that happened, Shirota would know who I was.

I slept starting at three, and woke up around 5am. I looked around to see everyone in the room asleep I walked to the exit, but I froze. In front of me stood Sloth in his cat form. "Don't think about stopping me. Some things you have to do. I wouldn't blame you if you woke them up, though" I said and walked outside. I looked around to find the direction I needed to go, then began to jog that way. When I was three miles away, I heard yelling from behind me. I looked to see them running after me! I began to run, in hopes that I would make it in time. A mile away, I was getting weary, and I could tell they were gaining on me. As I was about to give up, I thought I saw a familiar looking haori. I got a burst of energy, and I turned the corner in that direction and called out, despite him telling me not to, "Tsubaki! Tsubaki!" I yelled with my last burst of energy, then fell to the ground. I lifted my head to see his eyes filled with emotion, both fear and relief. He ran to me and helped me to stand, "Anonymous.... how?" Tsubaki asked, "There isn't any time! We need to get away from them!" I said as the group turned the corner. He saw them, then we dissapeared from their sight, appearing in Tsubaki's room. I began to shake from the fear now sinking in, "I'm sorry, Tsubaki. You told me not to call you by your name, but I did". I felt him place a hand on my head and looked up, he had a sad smile, "It's alright. I'm just glad you're safe" he then wrapped his arms around me, and I cried. I cried until I had no tears left.

I wiped my eyes and spoke, "Humans haven't changed. They are such hurtful creatures" "Anonymous, what happened to you?" "When Greed fought back, there was only me and one of the weaker subclass left. We hid, but he was spotted by Greed, who almost killed him. I jumped out to save him, only to have Greed almost kill me. I was cut by him as I landed a hard kick on him in the torso. I dragged the subclass with me in an attempt to escape. Greed appeared in front of us and launched another attack. I don't know what happened after that. I remember there was blood, but it couldn't be mine because I don't have any major injuries" I told him.

As I relaxed, my power subsided. My hair turned back to the usual black, and I felt instant relief from the released tension. "Tsubaki, I heard them talking about something while I waited for a time to escape. They spoke about a weapon that a servamp gives their eve. Could you explain it to me?" "Of course. Once you make a permanent contract, you gain the ability to have a weapon to attack vampires. Why did you want to know about it?" "I want to help you fight. It may be somewhat inconvenient, but please make me your Eve. I can help you in a fight if I have a weapon!". Tsubaki closed his eyes and nodded his head, "I understand, but I have to drink your blood. Are you up for it?". I grabbed a pair of scissors and opened it, then swiftly ran the blade across my palm. I made a fist, causing the blood to drip faster. I looked at Tsubaki as he eyed my hand from temptation, "Go ahead. I trust you with my life" then he grabbed my hand. I watched as he opened it from the fist, and cleaned my hand of the flowing blood. When that happened, a chain linking us together appeared. It dissapeared just as quickly as it had appeared. "Tsubaki, what was that?" I asked, "It confirmed the contract is all. Nothing interesting". I nodded my head, "So how do I get a weapon?" "That's easy, just close your eyes". I closed my eyes, and appeared in a flash dance aftermath setting. A small fox appeared in front of me, it kind of looked like a hand stitched toy. It told me to follow it, and it led me to a giant pile of gift boxes. "Choose one" it spoke, "No matter the choice the out come will be the same. Choose the one that best reflects you" it said. I looked at each box, trying to find the one that spoke to me the most. It was small, dark and hidden away.

I grabbed it, and a flash of light blinded me. When I opened my eyes, I was back with Tsubaki. I looked down to see I was holding a red old style Japanese umbrella (hope you understand that) that sparkled ominously. "What? It's an umbrella. How is this a weapon?" "We'll have to find out. I'll have my subclass Sakuya help you with that. First, you'll have to summon it" he explained. I was confused, but then the umbrella dissapeared. "What happened to it?" I asked. "It turns into a tattoo. It went on your leg" he said. I lifted up my pant leg to see a small tattoo of an umbrella. "How am I supposed to use it, Tsubaki?" I asked, "You summon it" he said. "Think about what it is you want to do, that will help you get it". "What I want to do? I want to help you. Nothing else matters to me" I said.

There was a glow that came from my leg, then the umbrella appeared, and I caught it in the air. I placed the long part of the umbrella against my shoulder and spun it, 'This just might be interesting. Wouldn't you agree, Tsubaki?" I asked him. He smiled and began to spin in a circle while laughing in amusement.