Chapter ~ 9- Choices

Haiku # 2 

We are just wishes

Held to the limits of light

Rarely more than dreams

In yet another object lesson in irony, in her efforts to find her way back to the club, she manages to stumble on when she was lost, Song gets lost again. She laughs to herself as she makes her third consecutive U turn on South Capitol Street.

"How in the world did I find this place the first time?" She mumbles to herself.

Realizing that she has passed this Domino's Pizza four times already, she decides to pull over into the parking lot and figure out where she's going instead of continuing to drive around in circles.

Sitting and staring out through her windshield, she begins to have misgivings about what she is doing. She wonders what in the world she has to gain by even going down there to hear what this guy has to say. What could he possibly tell her that would make her seriously consider giving up what little free time she has to play and sing in some crappy little dive like Hope's Point?

"This is insanity," she thinks. "This has to be some sort of set-up. You don't offer someone a job after hearing them howl nonsense."

She sits for a second and her thoughts drift back to Zyah. Nothing about her seems insincere. She doesn't know why but somehow after talking to this woman earlier she felt a genuine connection.

Song grew up as an only child with a mother that left much to be desired by way of attachment. So with this being the case, Song naturally has always been more comfortable alone.

In Zyah she believes that she might have found somewhat of a kindred spirit. No one has made her laugh that hard in a long time and truthfully speaking, it has been a while since she has allowed anyone close enough to make her smile. She has been cursed with her share of unbelievably bad friendships all starting with her childhood friend Audrey Dawson.

"Oh good God.... Audrey." Song shakes her head at the mere thought of that name. That's a headache and a half in-and-of-itself. She chooses not to spend any time thinking about her right now.

But in stark contrast, Zyah seems unlike anybody she has ever met. If for nothing other than the possibility that their earlier connection was a real one, Song plans on keeping her word and at least show up.

Sitting in Domino's Pizza parking lot, she glances over and spots the overpass that she missed the first 4 times that she drove by. She laughs as she thinks that in the middle of the night and in the rain she can find this place but in broad daylight...she gets lost.

She pulls out of the parking lot, cuts across the intersection and heads down into the area beneath the bridge. Driving down the road, she pulls into the vacant lot across from the club. She stares at the front door for a second before she clenches the door handle and beginning to get out of her car.

"Ok. Here we go." She says to herself as she climbs out of her car and heads across the street. As she walks she looks around and notices that this area isn't that all bad in the daylight. She STILL wouldn't want to build a summer home down here, but it's nowhere near as frightening as the first time she stumbled into it.

If she can recall correctly from the different ramblings of her students and various faculty members, this is also a Go-Go spot.

Getting to the door, she tries to open it and finds it locked.