Home

"MUM!!!! DAD!!!!" I screamed banging on the front door. The others were behind me, laughing at my childish behaviour.

Eventually, my Mum opened the door, looked at me, and a mix of surprise and happiness appeared on her face. I hugged her tightly, with a tear in my eye.

My Dad came to the door, saw me and pulled the same expression as my Mum had. I leapt into his arms and he hugged me, before putting me down.

"You're getting heavy!!" He laughed.

I giggled, before introducing my family to Steven, mentioning that he was my boyfriend, and then to the rest of the band. They had already met Rose a couple of times, so I didn't need to introduce her.

I thought my Mum was going to faint at the sight of Steven. My parents both had shocked, yet disapproving looks on their faces, however my Mum was blushing slightly from her crush on him. They both pretended to approve, so to not make a scene in front of the guys.

"It's nice to meet you, Steven." Mum said, shaking his hand, before greeting the rest of the band members in turn. My Dad then did the same thing. They both hugged and talked to Rose, as they really liked her.

"Anyway, come in! It's summer here but I'm sure it doesn't compare to the warmth in California!" Mum exclaimed, seeming apologetic for not inviting us in sooner.

We all shuffled into the house, before following my parents into the spacious living room. I took a minute to look around, it was the same house I grew up in and I was remembering some childhood memories.

"So, honey, what brings you and the band here?" Dad asked, trying to be civil.

"Well, they're going on tour in North America and Steven invited me with them. But because they don't play in England that often, I persuaded them to play here so I can visit you guys! You guys should come!!! They're playing in two days at the O2, come on, it'll be fun!!!" I replied.

"Of course!!" Mum laughed, she would never turn down a concert offer. My Mum had an awesome taste in music and was the main reason for my taste.

"So, anyway, where's mi hermano?" I asked, showing off the little Spanish I learned in high school. I loved my brother - he was one of my favourite people in the world and I was so excited to see him.

"Well, he moved away to Cambridge to work in a hospital, as you know, but he's staying here at the moment. You remember Amy, don't you?" Mum asked.

"Yep." I replied, short and snappy. I never liked that girl, and I could tell she didn't really like my brother, despite his love for her, and would just end up hurting him.

"Her and Sam broke up, he's staying here a few nights to get some space. He's a bit upset, as are we, so I'm sure it will cheer him up to see his little sister!! He just popped out with friends from high school for a bit, but will be back soon."

"Awwhh, that's so sad for them! But I could tell that the relationship wasn't going to work and I never liked her. So now he can find someone that truly deserves him and he can be happy with her. Arrghhh!! I'm sooo excited to see him!!!" I beamed, bouncing slightly.

We all talked for a while, catching up, talking about the band and the music, just laughing and chatting. The door swung open. I looked round and saw him, tears appearing in my eyes. I ran towards the door, my arms already wide open.