Chapter Four~Descending

Percy's POV

We were finally starting to descend into the Underworld, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it. This place is for dead people, not for living people, but somehow I keep finding myself here. Funny how that works.

Anyway, there wasn't really any changes in our surroundings, but I could just kinda feel it in the air. That and Wanda almost walked right into the River Styx. That was almost a disaster.

It looks like we're going to need an Underworld expert.

I let go of Annabeth's hand and walked over to a shadowy corner. "Um...what are you doing?" She asked. "I'm calling a friend," I explained. Tony and Steve exchanged looks probably thinking it couldn't get much weirder than what they've already seen.

I bent over to get an optimal angle to yell into a shadow. "Nico!" I yelled. There was silence. Then, "Nico di Angelo is not available at this time."

"Ahh!" I screamed and jumped back in surprise. "Who is you?" I asked. "Hahaha," laughed the voice, "you totally shit your pants!"

I fumed. "I am Hades," the mystery voice responded. "Well what is Nico doing right now that is more important than me?" I asked. "That Solace boy," Hades answered and then the shadow went silent.

Tony coughed. I turned around to see him trying not to laugh. Steve looked mildly conflicted, like he wanted to laugh but also wanted to get mad at Hades for saying a bad language word.

I just shook my head and we kept moving. Now it's time for plan B: we're winging it. I'm sorry, that's all I got.

After lots more boring walking I stopped dead in my tracks. "What is it?" Wanda asked.

"My sources conclude that Jaeden will be up ahead and to the left in 24 hours," the words just popped into my head.

"What sources?" Tony asked with a cocked eyebrow.

"Pfft, I don't know. Godly radar?"

"Well then let's make a plan," Annabeth suggested.

$&@$&@Time Skip$&@$&@

We took the path to the left and sure enough we came to a space that looked conveniently the size for a fight. The only problem was: there was no water. And I kinda needed water to defeat Jaeden.

"This is the perfect place, except no water. And Jaeden's going to be here tomorrow," I complained. "We're in the Underworld right?" Wanda asked, "why don't we just use one of the Underworld rivers?"

"What a dumb..." I started but Annabeth interrupted. "That's a genius idea Wanda!" "That's genius," I agreed, nodding along. "But we need to be here when he gets here," Steve interjected. "And I should set up some traps and stuff," Tony added.

Annabeth put on her thinking face. "How about Percy and I go and find a river, and you three stay and prepare?"

Everyone nodded their consent but me. No way was I letting her come with me. It's too dangerous. "No," I simply said. "No?" She question. "Why the Hades not?"

"Because these are the Rivers of the Underworld we're talking about here. Whichever one I find is going to be extremely dangerous. You are not coming with me. I can't lose you," and without waiting for a retort, I took off back down the tunnel, in search of a deadly river.

$&@$&@$&@$&@

Annabeth's POV

I stood there open mouthed. He did not just do that. Pulled the whole 'too dangerous' card. Bullshit. I considered running after him, but he was already to far gone. Begrudgingly I turned back to the group and started conducting our best points of attack and started coming up with a master plan.