Chapter One - Welcome to Ashwood

The bustling halls of Ashwood High were scarier and more intimidating than I ever believed they would be. One thing I noticed was that this school was just like the movies. There were the cliques: cheerleaders, jocks, brainy bunch etc. It was so strange to be inserted into one of those chic flicks I used to watch with my friends while we spoke about boys and sipped on our Ice Blasts.

While thinking about this I felt myself be knocked down to the ground, my sheet music flying along the corridor and people trampling all over it. I hear a group of girls giggling and I look up, seeing three perfectly proportioned pink princesses strutting away from me, smirking down at the sorry looking newbie that I was.

I hurry to tidy all of my papers when I hear some male voices behind me. "Oh yeah bend over more music maker." One jeers and I frown, gathering my papers and standing up, walking away from them as quickly as I can. I adjust my glasses and squeak as a strong hand grabs my shoulder and pins me against the locker "Apologise to Jasper for getting in his way, greenie." The tall boy snaps and I look down immediately, closing my eyes to avoid the dreaded gaze of this Jasper guy.

"S-sorry." I whisper as a tear falls down my cheek. I hear more grunts and they walk away, leaving me standing there with the rest of the corridor watching me. I sniffle and run off to the toilets as fast as I can where I break down in tears, staring at myself in the mirror.

"I thought things were going to be different here." I mutter to myself as I fix my concealer. "They could be" I hear from a voice behind me, seeing one of the bimbos emerging from the cubicle behind me. The other two emerge from the other cubicles and gather round me.

You know those documentaries where the baby penguin is surrounded by three huge eagles and is threatened to be eaten. Wait, that's Happy Feet... never mind. Wherever that was from, that was the feeling I got. That I was prey, about to be eaten, my life flashing before my eyes.

"You see greenie, we've been watching you today." One starts as they look at me in the mirror "But nobody else has. Right now, you're new. You're easy. You're invisible. That's exactly what we need." She says and I turn to her, raising my brows.

This girl further introduced herself as Stacey. She was around 5ft 8 inches tall, blonde hair that cascaded down to her waist, piercing green eyes that could stare into your soul and a figure that would have a thousand guys screaming and running after her. She was the definition of beautiful and she was talking to me... what the fuck.

The other two girls were similar to her, and they were around me. One, Iona, was playing with my hair, taking it out of it's neat mousy bun and letting it fall down my shoulders in a messy curl. The other, Bianca, removed my glasses and started pushing a fluffy brush across my cheekbones. I just stood and stared at the girls in disbelief. "Okay what the fuck is going on?" I ask and look up at these girls.

"Well, Little Lucy, we need a favour. There's a guy in this school who we need to get back on. A guy who has fucked about and broken the hearts of most of the girls in this school, me especially." Stacey explains, looking down at me with folded arms "And you're gonna help us get revenge. See, he hasn't corrupted you yet. Fuck, he hasn't even noticed you. So what we're gonna do, is we're gonna give you the makeover of your life. A whole new wardrobe. We're going to teach you how to do your makeup and hair nice. And you're gonna make him fall in love with you." She explains and plays with my hair in the mirror.

I frown up at her "B-but how do I do that? And why the fuck would I do that?" I ask and frown, biting my lip.

"Well let's just say you'll use your cute lil greenie charm. And once you make him fall for you, you'll break his heart like he broke mine. You understand?" She asks and pulls roughly on my hair.

I whimper and nod, biting my lip. She tells me to meet her after school and I rush to my class, trying to hide my nervousness. This was dangerous... welcome to Ashwood Luce.