Grayson

*Three Weeks Later*
Today, we have to start making wedding arrangements. Alexis get off work soon. We aren't even technically together. I mean, really like her, but she isn't my girlfriend, she isn't even really that into me.

I mean, why would she be? I'm nothing special. Just a dude who likes her, but is too much of a chicken shit to ask her out.

"Grayson, are you home?"

" Yeah, Mom, in here. "

I close my journal and set it under me quickly, hoping my mother didn't see it.

"Hey, honey. How is Alexis doing? Where is she?"

" She's at work, Ma. She'll be home in a little bit. "

"Okay, I just wanted to drop something off for you to give to her."

She drops a little, black velvet box in my lap. I open it to see a ring with a large diamond.

"Ma, now, why would you go out of your way to pick up my fiancee an engagement ring? That's my job."

We both start laughing. We hear the door being opened and I drop the ring into my pocket so that Alexis won't see it. Alexis hobbled into the room, not quite seeing my mother yet.

"Lex, how was work?"

" Horrible. "

I take a good look at her and notice she is favoring her left leg a little more than the right. And there seemed to be a still forming bruise on her jaw.

"What happened?"

" Two arrogant little twerps started a fight in the middle of Tony's. Then since no one else would break it up, I had to. I ended getting elbowed in the jaw, punched in the stomach and kicked in the knee. When I finally got the two idiots out, I had to go to the Urgent care around the corner to make sure nothing was broken. "

"I'm sorry, Lex. Wish I could make it up to you."

" So , Lisa, what brings you by? "

"I'm gonna help y'all start making arrangements for the wedding."

*Few hours later*

"Hey, Lex, you should go take a shower. Relax a bit. You have the day off tomorrow."

" Okay, thank you, Gray. I'll come back out when I'm done. "

She gives me a kiss on the cheek.

Gosh, dammit. I really like Lex. I wish we were an actual couple. It sucks she only sees me as a friend.

I stop writing in my journal when there is a knock on the front door. I slide my journal inbetween the seat cushions and the couch itself. I open it to find a nasty looking man standing in the hallway.

"Can I help you?"

" I'm looking for Lex. I'm her boyfriend. "

"Sorry, man. She's not here right now. Can I ask for your name?"

"Jem."

"Well in that case..."

I punch him square in the jaw. He falls the floor. I kicked his side. I pull him up by his hair.

"Go anywhere near her again and I'll do worse than this. I know you attacked her. Keep your distance if you don't want more broken ribs and a one way ticket to jail. Do I make myself clear?"

He whimpers and nods his head.

"Good, now, get out of here."

He stands up and bolts out the door to the stair well not pausing for the elevator. I close the door only to be hugged by Alexis.

"Thank you, Grayson."

I moved her head so that her words weren't muffled by my shirt as much. She removed her hands from around my waist and moved them up to my neck. Her being shorter than me, she drags my face down closer to hers. She kisses me. My arms instantly wrap around her as I lift her a little closer to me. We finally pull away to take a breath.

"Did you feel that too?"

"Yes."

"Good answer."

I kiss her again. I bring her even closer to me than before. She pulls away a little and touches her forehead on mine.

"Not too fast, okay, Mr. Hero?"

"Whatever you wish."

Ahh two updates in two days. YAY ME. Okay guys. I really hope you like this chapter. Told you things got interesting. Any way. Next chapter is a filler. Remember to vote. Love you all. Also please check out my other book called Disappearing Act.

XOXO,
Lilith