Forts and Cuddling

It was your average day John and Alex were cuddling in bed in the middle of the day. They loved making time for each other and loved to spend their time like this.
"Hey, Lexi?" John suddenly spoke sitting up to look at the other.
"Hm?" Was the only response Alex gave looking into John's eyes.
"Hold on." John leaned in to kiss him before leaving to gather every blanket in the house he could find coming back and dropping them on the floor. "Let's build a blanket fort!"
"What?" Alex questioned sitting up on the bed letting out a chuckle at the sight of all the blankets on the floor piled around John's ankles.
"A blanket fort. Let's make one." John repeated picking up the blankets again and bringing them to the living room.
"No you have to put it here! If you put it there it'll fall over as soon as we get inside!" Alex yelled laughing as he moved the blanket.
"I don't want to put it there!" John yelled back moving the blanket where he wanted it.
After they had finished making a blanket fort John stared at it looking like a proud parent. "I love it."
"It looks like it's about to fall over." Alex replied wrapping his arm around John making the other lean into his side.
"It does not, be nice!" John rolled his eyes crawling into the fort. "Cmon!"
Alex crawled in behind the fort holding his laptop close to his chest.
"Please tell me you're not about to work in our fort, because I swear to-" John threatened being cut off by a short kiss.
"Chill, I brought it so we could watch movies." Alex laughed wrapping his arms around John pulling up Netflix on his laptop. "Anything you want to watch?"
"Mulan!" John exclaimed that had always been his favorite Disney movie. Mulan was a strong independent woman who didn't need Li Shang to be there to save her, that's why he idolized her so much.
"Haven't we watched that like eighty times already?" Alex chuckled pulling up the movie regardless.
"We've only watched it six times together, Lexi." John laid his head on Alex's chest as the movie started.
"That's too many times, I bet I could quote every single thing in this entire movie." Alex said kissing John's forehead.
"That's a lie, I've watched this movie so many more times than you and I still can't do that!"
When 'Reflection' came on both of them were singing along except Alex was singing in a high pitched girly voice causing John to glare at him and playfully hit his chest.
"Hey, John?" Alex asked after a while into the movie.
"Yes?" John turned to look at Alex kissing his cheek softly.
"The Little Mermaid is better." Alex smirked.
"It isn't!" John glared at Alex. In fairness, Alex didn't really have a reason why Ariel was his favorite she was just really pretty and he liked her voice. "Ariel is amazing, but Mulan is strong and doesn't need a man!" John argued making Alex laugh.
"Okay okay." He backed down laughing still. "I'll let you win this time in expense for...a kiss."
"A kiss? Really, Alex?" John sighed softly before leaning in pressing a soft kiss to the others lips.
"Thank you, Curly." Alex teases knowing that John absolutely hated that nickname.
"Don't call me that!" John whined burying his face into Alex's chest. "It's kind me calling you straight or wavy because of your hair!"  Alex laughed at that.
"But curly is a cute nickname!" He argued kissing John's cheeks. "Fine, I'll call you Freckles." He smirked causing the other to groan.
"I'll accept it, but not because I like it!"
"Thank you." Alex smiled softly enjoying every moment he spent with John.
The two weren't even paying attention to the movie anymore instead they were sleepily staring into each other eyes and occasionally sharing sweet, soft, and loving kisses.
"You can sleep, hon." Alex eventually says running his fingers soothingly through John's hair. "I'll be right here the whole time."
"Forever?" John yawned closing his eyes.
"And always." Alex replied kissing John's forehead. "I love you too much to ever leave you." He whispered.
"I love Li Shang more..." John replied sleepily coaxing a fake offended gasp from Alex.
"I look much better than some stupid animated solider." He defended himself making both of them laugh.
"I love you, Lexi."
"I love you too, John."