18

(a/n: surprise extra update!! Be warned, this contains mentions of drunk driving, crashes, and death. and kookie being a sad bb :(. It's needed for the plot, trust me. I was too excited for this, as you'll see, so here ya go. love ya! 
izzy xx)

16181472622426

One day you will return. I can't lose faith.

Message not received. Please try again later.

"Taehyung, what the hell were you thinking?" Jungkook demands a few hours later, bursting into my room without warning, taking me by surprise. "You angered him, and now he thinks you're hiding something. If you just stayed quiet, I would have been able to figure out from him what he was talking about, and you would remain safe."

"He was annoying me," I say shortly, turning away and facing the wall. Jungkook sighs, glancing up at the camera before standing up and beginning to hack into the system again. He then sorts out the microphone as well, so that nobody can hear our conversation. Something which allows him to be himself again. Allows us to talk like people, instead of prisoner and guard. (Or a version of that)

"I can't help you if you don't let me," he says quietly, and I roll my eyes, spinning back round to look at him.
"And what exactly can you do?" I demand, watching as he shrugs uncertainly.
"I was hoping to figure that out. With your help, but I guess you aren't willing to give it."

"I never said that," I argue back, and he sighs, shaking his head at me.
"I know we don't get on, but we have to if you want to survive. I don't think you understand how dangerous it is for me."

Despite the fact that he's telling the truth (as I'm told by my stupid ability), I refuse to accept his words even now. "You're his son. I'm just a hostage, so he wouldn't care if you broke a few rules."

Jungkook leans forward, his eyes suddenly filled with an emotion I can't quite place. "Do you know why I act like Junghoon?" he asks softly, that same emotion in his voice. I'm stuck. frozen for a moment in place as I realise that he's never truly explained everything.

All he ever said was that Junghoon was the favourite son. That's all I know, but this the first indication I've been given that there's something else to it. Something more complex, even if I always suspected that his simple reason wasn't the full truth (a fact backed up, once more, by my knowledge of when truth isn't being said).

"He was the favourite son," I say carefully, and he nods in confirmation.
"That's right. Do you remember anything else?"

I think back to the first time he even mentioned his brother, when Jin was talking about the 'accident' and he walked in on us. "You said he wasn't a bad person. He wasn't perfect, but he wasn't the worst person in the world. He wasn't a serial killer, but he was messed up." My eyes meet his. "It hurt when he died."

Jungkook nods, sighing again and sitting down beside me on the bed, turning to stare at the wall, choosing not to meet my eyes. "It was a Saturday night," he says stiffly, his body tensing as he begins to speak. "We were driving back from a mission, one I can't remember, and my father was stressing the fuck out."

He takes a deep, slightly shaky breath. "He reaches into the glove compartment, and he pulls out a full bottle of whisky, waving it around like a mad man. Junghoon laughs, encouraging him to take a drink, and he does. I sit there, wondering why the hell both of them are feeling so reckless."

My eyes widen. "He was drunk?" Jungkook nods grimly.
"He was. It didn't take him long to get over the legal limit, and his judgements were beginning to waver. I got scared, told him to be more careful. I said some things I really shouldn't have, mentioned my father's weaknesses, and his anger caused him to lose control over the car."