Chapter 8

Jeff lay in front of his bedrooms oak door shivering, the words Jack said to him were repeating in his head, every time he heard it the words were growing more and more aggressive. Tears ran down his pale face, past his swollen lips and stained the carpet beneath him.

He whimpered quietly and proceeded to hug his knees closer to his chest, his ears perked up at the sound of heavy footsteps coming up the stairs, more tears fell from his terror-filled eyes.

"Jeff..?" Jack's soft soothing voice made Jeff's breathing settle slightly.

"Jeff..... S-Sweetheart...... please just let me in"

Jeff felt a breeze come from under the door, Jack had moved closer. He heard the handle twitch above him causing him to scramble away from the door and hide in his walk-in-closet under a pile of his clothes.
He heard the door open and the footsteps as Jack entered the room.

Jeff tried to control his breathing and stay as quiet as possible as the footsteps drew closer, he heard his bedsheets rustling and then his bathroom door open before the heavy footsteps came close to the closet door.

The door flung open as Jeff cowered under the clothes.

"Jeff...." Jack spoke quietly as he crouched down and removed the clothes off Jeff's head.
Jeff kept his head down as Jack snuggled closer to him.

Jack sighed and petted Jeff's soft singed hair, "Jeff.... I-......I'm sorry, I got too carried away..."

Jeff could hear the sadness in Jack's voice, he could also feel the tar from Jack's sockets pouring out as if he were crying onto his hair, he even heard soft sniffles from him.

Jack wrapped his arms tightly around Jeff's waist again and proceeded to cry into his shoulder, causing a black sticky stain to appear on Jeff's shirt, "I.....I-I'm....Oh go-god..." Jack's voice broke as he spoke, his voice nearly a whisper.

"I'm s-sorry Jeff.... please.....pl-please...."

Jeff shivered, he was still scared of him, even when he was breaking down right next to him.

"Please....." Jack chocked on his words before sobbing onto Jeff's shoulder again, "...please don't be scared of m-me..."

Jeff tilted his head so it was resting on Jack's, he still loved Jack, regardless of the occasionally freak outs and tantrums, he let out a shaky breath and reached down to hold Jack's trembling hand.

Jack's started to calm down, he squeezed Jeff's soft scarred hand softly, just to reassure him that he shouldn't be scared. A weak smile formed on Jack's quivering lips, it filled him with joy to know his one and only was starting to trust him again.

"Jack..?" Jeff spoke quietly.

"What..? W-What?" Jack perked up to 'look' at Jeff with a panicked tone in his voice.

Jeff smiled, Jack always got so anxious at the slightest things, "It's still really cramped in here.." he said motioning to the inside of the closet.

Jack shot up, tripping on his own feet as he stumbled into a standing position, Jeff giggled as Jack reached out his hand to help him up.

As he got up, much more calmly than Jack, he felt Jack's hands move carefully against his red tear stained cheeks, "I'm ok Jack...really"

"I-I know.... but still-"

"Jack."

"But-"

"Shhhhh..." Jeff put a finger to Jack's lips, "I. Am. Ok......Ok?"

Jack nodded, he grabbed Jeff's hand and removed it from his lips before leaning down and placing a gentle loving kiss on his forehead.

"I.....love you.... so much" he said with a cheerful tone as a happy grin spread across his face.