The Morning After

The sound of an alarm clock suddenly jolted me awake and with that came a splitting headache. My hand found its way to my head as I groaned softly, knowing I definitely had a hangover. "Damn, how much did I drink last night?" I whispered to myself. It seemed as though my question had been answered when I shifted my eyes to the left, and saw a naked man lying next to me. I shook my head in disappointment at myself. The man shifted slightly and then opened his eyes. He yawned, slipped out from underneath the covers and stood up, exposing everything. I looked the other way and winced in pain from my throbbing head. I got up and shuffled through junk on the floor trying to find my clothes. They were scattered everywhere and of course I knew why. I grabbed my bra and put it on feeling less exposed then I continued to get dressed. I looked at the man who now had at least a pair of boxers on."Did we....?" My voice trailed off as I had already knew the answer. He nodded his head silently.

"That was a hell of a night." He spoke quietly and chuckled a bit as he turned his alarm clock off. His voice was deep and raspy. I could tell he was still very tired. I didn't remember most of the night as I probably blacked out from being so wasted. Hell, I didn't even remember this guys name. I felt terrible, and not just physically. Then again, I wasn't exactly sure if I wanted to remember.

"Yeah, wish I could remember the half of it." I smiled awkwardly and laughed a bit then continued. "I'm sorry, I must have been so wasted, I don't even remember your name."

"It's okay," He laughed, "I don't even remember your name. But, my names Jason." He looked in the mirror at his reflection and rubbed his eyes then went over to his bedside table and wrote something on a notepad.

"Grace. Uh, my name's Grace." I gathered my belongings and scanned the room for anything else that I may have forgotten. 

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He walked towards me increasingly getting closer by the second until he was dangerously close. He planted a kiss on my cheek and I blushed a bit and smiled. I may not have remembered much about last night, but this guy sure is a gentleman. He gathered some clean clothes and was headed towards his bathroom when he turned back and said to me, "I have to take a shower before I head out to work, but I'm hoping you'll call me so I can see you again" He smiled and nodded over to the piece of paper sitting on the table beside his bed. Then he shut the door and I suddenly heard the sound of running water. I walked over to the bedside table and looked down at the piece of paper. He wrote his name and number down. This guy was sweet and all but I wasn't sure if I wanted to see him again. A million thoughts went through my mind as to what could go wrong if I saw him again. So, I just turned away from the piece of paper and shuffled quickly out the door. Once I was outside of his apartment door I just thought to myself, 

"The hell with it, what's the worst that could happen? Heartbreak? Death?" I shuffled back inside quickly and swiped the piece of paper off the desk and then ran out. I would call him the next day and see if he wanted to hang out, hoping it didn't end in heartbreak like my recent breakup. Which, now that I think about it, was indeed the reason I was out partying last night. 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this even though the cover of this is literally complete trash haha. But, yeah I've been kinda having writers block for my new chapter of imaginary friends so I thought in the meantime I'd publish something else :)