What if...

A/N: Here I go? I'm slightly paranoid... what if it doesn't make it? But oh well... i'll have to wait and see who reads it... vote? comment? Whatever tickles your fancy! :D And thank you in advance for your support!

Prologue

"Sofie!" He yelled running after me. I couldn't bear seeing him anymore. I stopped short and turned on my heels, glaring at him.

"What?!" I shouted annoyed. He met up with me and bent down, holding his knees, catching his breath. He straigthened himself up, his eyes boaring into mine.

"Sofie... I know what happened... Please... It doesn't... I don't care what you did!" He said grabbing my hands in his. I froze for a second and then continued looking at him. His greenish brown eyes had always had that effect one me. He always knew what to say at the exact right moment; though sometimes I wondered.

"Why are you being so understanding? I did something horrible!" I said, tears prickling my eyes. One immediately escaped. He caressed my face, wiping the stray tear with his thumb.

"Sofie... I love you... and that's all that matters. I completely see why you might have done it. I wasn't around with my job and all, and you were left all alone. He was there..." He paused. "I wasn't. And I feel-"

"Josh... Don't. It isn't your fault you aren't around all the time!"

"Yes it is! I could have refused that job... but I didn't."

"Stop." I said firmly. He simply looked at me.

"Alright... I won't talk." I gave him a desperate sigh. He chuckled and nodded. I wanted to tell him that I had done it because my heart had told me otherwise. I wanted to tell him that I didn't regret doing it. But if I told him that... would he still want to be with me?

"I'm sorry for everything that I have ever done to you, Josh. I love you... and I don't want anything else. But I can't stand feeling this way and being with you." Within a blink of an eye, his lips were on mine, kissing me passionately. I relaxed almost immediately and kissed him back.

This was right... It had to be.