thoughts

"i have to live with the painful reminder that he'll never love me as much as her."

"get over nari, it's been two years"

"i can't get over it hyunee! you don't understand how hard it is for someone you cherish so much to love your sister! to chose her over you!" nari slightly yelled.

"nari, cry me a river, build me a bridge and get over it sweetie. you can't cry over someone forever."

"hyunee he's always there. in my dreams, my head, my house. he's meant for her! they're perfect for each other! i'm just a distraction. i need some time hyunee. see you later." nari spoke softly.

tears threatening to spill from her eyes, as she walked home.

"i need to let my sister have a chance. i have to get over him." nari thought.

drip

drop

drip

drop

raindrops from the sky drip on her hand. or are they really raindrops? no they are not. just the thought of him overwhelmed her. tears dripped down her rosy cheeks just as the first snow started to drizzle down.

the painful yet joyous memories of him and her together hung in her head like a spider weaving it web. the spider in this case was her, the flies were her memories. she could never let go of them.

as she reached the front steps of her loving home, she saw him. laughing, smiling, and just being happy.

she checked herself as she walked into her house. good enough.

"hey nari. would you like to have dinner with u-" nari's mother had asked.

"i'm fine. i ate out." nari quickly interrupted.

but to tell you the truth, nari starved all day. why you ask? because today was nari and seungwoo's four year anniversary. four years since they started dating. nari still kept count, it was a sad but memorable thought.

there he was right in front of her, looking with pitiful doe eyes.

"i-i'll be in my r-room" nari spoke before walking to her room.

pictures of her and seungwoo hung as she quietly sobbed. but quickly stopped as she heard someone walk past her room. back and forth. the creaking sound caught by her ear each time.

creak

creak

creak

each time louder than the last. she knew it was him, wondering if she ok.

as the chatter in the house slowly reduced, she put on her coat and crept through the house. not trying wake her parents, sister and seungwoo up, she unlocked the door and walked to the convenience store down the road. little did she know someone was watching her.

frankly, nari was starving from not eating all day.

"hey nari."

"oh hey jihoon." nari softly spoke.

jihoon was one of her best friends (besides hyunee). he was sweet and kind. he was always there for her. little did he know, he was slowly falling in love.