Chapter Thirty

Trey

Trey

"Baby?"

I kept knocking on the bedroom door near Mumma's bedroom.

Tae was in there; she had to be. I'd turned the volume up on all of the door alerts from the security system. If anybody would've left this bitch, I'd know.

She was in this house still and after searching every other room, this door was the only one locked.

I'd been standing here at least thirty minutes trying to get her to talk to me.

"Come on, Doll." I said softer, "we gotta talk. I know you hate me right now."

Nothing.

Deeply sighing, I laid my back against the door.

"Baby, please." I added, "I need to see you."

"Yo, man." Forrest spoke approaching me, "let's go shoot around on the court or something. Blow off some steam."

"I'm not leaving this door until she opens it." I said stoically.

"So let's not go to the court," he switched gears, "come play Call of Duty."

"Ruski, I'm not leaving this door until she talks to me." I repeated my sentiments.

"You just making it worse." He mumbled going into the den.

"What?" I asked walking towards him.

That fast, I was agitated and he was the perfect target to let my frustrations out on.

He turned towards me assertively.

"I said, you're just making it worse." He echoed slower.

Fighting the urge to punch him, I took a deep breath.

He looked back at the door and pulled me into the den.

Closing the door behind him, he went over to the TV, turned it on, and hit the power button on the game console.

"Think fast." He said tossing the controller in my direction.

I caught it and followed his lead as he sat on the couch.

We started a game and for a while said nothing at all. After maybe twenty minutes, he spoke.

"I know you wanna fix shit," he started, "but what you gotta realize bro is this is not about to be an easy fix."

"I know." I mumbled.

"You gotta lay off of her." He said glancing my way, "you need to give her some space. She's going to need time to process this and figure out how she wants to deal..."

"She's my wife." I interrupted him feeling my agitation coming back, "she can't just up and say fuck me..."

"That's what you said," he replied calmly, "you basically said fuck her when you took yo stupid ass to that club and parlayed with that bitch for the whole world to see."